ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Windscreen for 182

Mini Cooper S
If I claim through my insurance will they replace the windscreen with exactly the same one?? Just chipped it and there is a small crack ffs!! Don't want it repaired want the original one! I've done a search and I couldn't find what I was looking for cheers.

ur megane r26
just had mine changed autoglass bought the wrong one to start with and re arranged it to come back a week later, yes identical without the chips, do it it is soooooo worth it mate

Mini Cooper S
So all you need to pay is your windscreen cover say £60/£70 and they put a brand new original in??? Sounds like a win win to me do I need to phone my insurance or just call steve from autoglass?? Pardon my ignorance never had to do it before!!

just had mine changed autoglass bought the wrong one to start with and re arranged it to come back a week later, yes identical without the chips, do it it is soooooo worth it mate

+1

Phone Autoglass (making sure that your insurance does allow them to replace), he takes the payment over the phone and send someone out. Just make sure you tell them on the phone that its got the auto wipers, auto lights and heat reflective windscreen. Same happened to me above. They came out with the wrong one, just rebooked for another day.

Mini Cooper S
Cheers people really appreciate it I'll be on the blower tomorrow. I'm pretty sure it does cover it and I'll mention all of the above thank you muchly!!

Fiesta ST-3
They should take your reg which would tell them all the details they need on the glass type. At least thats what happened with me.

ph2 clio 172
I don't think autoglass use glass from Renault, at least they didn't for me with my old 1.6 clio.

Passenger window they used whatever crap they use and the color (greenish) was all wrong, so I told them and asked them to fit a proper one from renault, then in matched.

Windscreen I ask for Renault they said they wouldn't fit it, but did ask if it was heat reflective etc, maybe they do if it has auto wipers, I sure I read on here somewhere bloke had autowiper issue after new screen cos of crap glass. I'd double check, or maybe some more people can say what they have had fitted via insurance.