ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Windscreen washer bottle downsize cup dci 1.2 etc

CLIO 182
Hi all, did try an search for this to no avail,

I was originally planning on blanking off the hole left behind from removing my headlight washer motor in my bottle then had a thought that the cup bottles may be already blanked of/ not have one. After quickly seeing that the cup ones indeed accommodate just the one pump and have the added bonus of being slightly smaller, I began scowering eBay for a second hand cup washer bottle.

Managed to find a couple but also noticed that the Dci bottles "look" identical to the "cup" spec ones but are significantly cheaper minus the cup branding.

My question is are the cup bottles the same as the Dci and other models that don't run HID lights ie 1.2's etc as on average they look to be half the price.

Cheers chaps

Ant

I don't know the exact answer to your question, however if it fits in a mk2 clio, mounts at the same place and uses the same type of pump (can't see why it wouldn't) then I really can't see any reason it wouldn't work?

Edit: having just looked at pics of both im almost certain it will fit fine. The pumps etc are the same, it's just smaller

CLIO 182
Cheers mate yeah that's what I thought mate looking at them they do look very similar I was just unsure of the mount. Ie where the screw goes and where the locating dowle goes into the wing

sburrell93

Scotland - South
ClioSport Area Rep
Yeah as above, the pumps are different. Should've mentioned that.

The one from the smaller bottle looks like this
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1415183057.823007.jpg

The dual ones from the larger bottle have a 90 degree angled bit at the bottom where it goes into the bottle, instead of the bit going straight down on the above photo.

CLIO 182
Cheers chaps!! Il be retaining my original pump as I know it works etc just purely after the bottle!

So cheers for thw info!

One last question! Do all the bottles have the lid roughly in the same place? I.e will it stick through the scuttle panel in the hole? To fill it up?

CLIO 182
Yeah as above, the pumps are different. Should've mentioned that.

The one from the smaller bottle looks like this
View attachment 116427

The dual ones from the larger bottle have a 90 degree angled bit at the bottom where it goes into the bottle, instead of the bit going straight down on the above photo.

So will a 182 pump fit the cup bottle or dci bottle? If they are angled differently? I think Ive got a straight pump actually when I was given the wrong one when bought from GSF car parts win win!!

sburrell93

Scotland - South
ClioSport Area Rep
So will a 182 pump fit the cup bottle or dci bottle? If they are angled differently? I think Ive got a straight pump actually when I was given the wrong one when bought from GSF car parts win win!!
Nah they wouldn't fit each other. With the dci/cup/non sport/whatever bottle the pump slots down into the bottle, whereas with the larger dual pump bottle the pump sort of pushes into it from the back. It'll make sense if you see them both, but they won't fit each other. You should be fine if you've got a straight down one though.

A car with zenons has a twin pump bottle (which is a bigger bigger than one without zenons) yeah the pump's are different.
What's annoying, is people who say for a regular 172 etc, but show the above pic. Which isn't the right one.

CLIO 182
yeah there is clearly some confusion for the different pumps between models as even car parts retailers seem to struggle lol, I dont often use GSF car parts but happened to be near one and bought a pump, did the usual blurb giving him my reg details etc still gave me the wrong pump, least I have one of each now depending on which bottle I source.

Cheers for all the responses!

Ant

VenomUK

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172
Very helpful post this is. Been down the scrapper today as I was on the hunt for a new pump as since removing my headlight washers the thing seems to just spit like it can't create enough pressure to force the water out. As I pulled the bottle I thought that perhaps I'm better off just getting the non sport bottle and pump seeing as I no longer run headlight washers.

Thanks for all confirming what I suspected.