ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

windscreen washer dead?

clio mk1 ph3
ok so i dont know whats happened but today i tried fitting a solenoid to my boot but via my rear wiper switch. (so push rear wiper, boot pops e.t.c) and took me ages to set up. Finally set it right and it worked once. Now no power whatsoever and have realised that the windscreen washer switch now does not work aswell. The wiper's work but no the washer or rear wiper? Tried the fuses but they seem fine (btw how do i tell if its a fuse) and replaced in case. Just seem brainless as to what it could be? any ideas guys??

"Navy" N17 TWO
Could be a faulty wiper stalk - Just a hunch from a similar problem in my Dads clio a while back.

He replaced the stalk and everything was fine

"Navy" N17 TWO
Yeah his washer was working fine but he couldnt put the wipers on at all lol - was all very strange.
And his lights stalk went wonky too one time but it was a loose connection :S

clio mk1 ph3
right, ive got a flush boot, so brought a solenoid to 'pop' the boot.

since i wasnt using the rear wiper anymore i decided to wire the solenoid onto the rear wiper stalk. set it up, worked once now no power?

so its the rear wiper stalk to the solenoid.

now the rear wipe/washer and the front washer has no power (so forward and bac movements on the stalk)

Carrera 4S. Clio 172. M5
Easy.

The wiper wiring is not man enough to operate a solenoid due to the current it takes to pull it in.

You need to up rate the wiring and insert a relay as close to the solenoid, as possible.

You may have burnt out the switch, for the same reason.

clio mk1 ph3
ok got a new stalk today, no joy so anyone have any ideas whats wrong with it? try buy new decent fuses? wiring prob????

helppppppppppppppppp pleaseeeeee

clio mk1 ph3
straight to it :S

Brian R's helped me out and shone some light.... Hopefully get it sorted tomorrow