ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Windscreen Washer - Strange...

Clio Dyn.1.2 16v
Hi all,

I've recently finished unclogging one of the front jets and noticed that now when I wash the rear windscreen, the fronts wash aswell!

Any idea whats causing this? I've had the battery disconnected so hopefully that would have reset any strange happenings in the ECU...?

Cheers

Andy

Clio Dyn.1.2 16v
New pump?!

But the jets are still working, just the oddity of doing the rear and washing front at the same time.

Andy

Clio Dyn.1.2 16v
Apologies...posted same thing twice!

Sandy - in response to the query about unclogging the jets. I did a pretty similar thing to the answer on your actual post. I checked the hose was supplying fluid, simply pull the hose off the jet. Next step was to remove the actual jet from the bonnet. Lever it off carefully with a screwdriver or plastic tool. It was clear looking at the jet nozzle that it was blocked. I tried to free the dirt up a bit by blasting in some GT85 (or WD40) and then got a needle which was used to get rid of the crud in the nozzle. Worked fine after that.

Worth a try before buying new nozzles?

Last edited:
  Black 172
I am having trouble with mine as well, when i put my back washer on it doesn't work but my front passenger side one comes on :s Mine is intermittent though has been for a bit. Do you think its the pump, or does i just need cleaning out ?.

Plus whats the easiest way to clean it out ?

330Ci (Fail)Sport
Similar problem that my front jets come on when I select to wash the rear.

Is it one pump for all jets or will I just need a seperate pump for the rear?

Black 172
I am having trouble with mine as well, when i put my back washer on it doesn't work but my front passenger side one comes on :s Mine is intermittent though has been for a bit. Do you think its the pump, or does i just need cleaning out ?.

Plus whats the easiest way to clean it out ?

anyone?

1.4 clio & ctr ep3
i have fixed mine 2day guys. i disconnected the hoses and from the inside of the bonnet i hit the jets with a hammer and bolt so they popped out of the bonnet. i then blasted them with compressed air from where the water comes out of the jet and a bit of cr*p came out of them, put them back in and everything was sweet, yeee!!!

1.4 clio & ctr ep3
ye lol from the inside like, didnt damage it, doesmt take much either for it to come out!! better than taking a screwdriver to ur bonnet!!

Black 172
i have fixed mine 2day guys. i disconnected the hoses and from the inside of the bonnet i hit the jets with a hammer and bolt so they popped out of the bonnet. i then blasted them with compressed air from where the water comes out of the jet and a bit of cr*p came out of them, put them back in and everything was sweet, yeee!!!

I had mine cleaned out as well, working a lot better but the front ones still come on when the back one is put on. Mind you we didnt blast the back one with the compressed air, do you think it might be blocked thats why the front ones come on?. The pump is definitely working as i can hear it!