ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Winter Cover

172cup turbo & rx8
I'v been looking for a decent winter car cover and there is lots of horror stories about paintwork blistering or damaged due to poor car cover's

can anyone point me towards sumthing thats not going to kill my paintwork?

edit: needs to be weather proof as it'll be the only thing protecting it

pimp mobile Zafira
Depends how much you can afford. I'm sure I saw a thread on here where some one had a carcoon for their xr3i. They are about £380 but seem to be the best on te market.

Vee

Mk2 V6 #007
http://www.coveryourcar.co.uk/

CoverYourCar make very good quality covers, depending how deep your pockets are though as 'damage' covers a huge range of issues. There are obviously much cheaper options out there but it depends how much you care about your paintwork

Biggest issues im guessing your up against are scratches and moisture not being able to escape.
Scratches should be avoided by making sure the cars clean before fitting. Also getting a soft lined/well fitted cover will be much better than a generic one as movement from wind can cause a harsh cover to rub and scratch.
Moisture again comes down to quality imo, any cover should be breathable to let moisture escape as the car warms and cools naturally.

RB182cup&golf gti
Avoid the cheap plastic one fits all types as, as you have mentioned, they will scuff your paintwork when the wind gets hold of them. Plus if you're taking it off all the time it may scuff the paint. Happened to mine, but easily polished out.

williams3
i have a cover for my williams which i picked up from a company called covercraft.. not cheap tho it was a little over £300 but it is custom made to fit yr car + waterproof and breathable. before that i tried a cheap one from halfrauds but it was crap and scratched my paint.
my advice is spend some money and get a decent one