ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Winter prep - done!

Ultra Red Megane 225
Washed
Clayed
Washed again
Dried
2 coats of SRP
2 coats of Zymol Cleaner wax
1 coat of EGP

Indoor cleaning ftw!!

DSC01794.jpg

DSC01799.jpg

DSC01797.jpg

DSC01802.jpg

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
Interesting...

I see you have the same centre caps as me on my turbines. Do you find that they move after driving? I can't seem to get mine to sit properly. I 1000% deffinately have the same ones as you though! (Plastic ones yeah?? lol)

Ultra Red Megane 225
yup thats the ones. and yes, they do move. they're not quite a perfect fit, but imo they look 100x better than the original caps.

Si

RS Clio 172
like that a lot mate! wish i had that sort of space indoors to work with. my garage is a little cramped :( love the wheels.

also... i'm no expert but iirc there's no real need to layer/coat SRP, i'd prob say the same with the cleaner wax although i've never used that particular product. if you're doing layers you're best of layering the EGP. correct me if i'm wrong!

S23

The Cleee-O
Awesome! That is the freshest Sport I've seen in ages, epic white on blue combo. And the turbines look like new. I want to see more of this one for sure. And lol at not wanting to be a sheep, good move for breaking away from the pack! Epic, Epic Car...And well done on the cleaning, looks nice and shiny :D Ooo, I think I'm in love... :eek:

Petrol Blue 182.
good to see youve still got the 172 center caps! look amazing mate, regret selling em now!

Very shiny, like said above no need to layer SRP as its a polish and brings out the shine. Wax needs to be layered to offer more protection.

Hope you waxed the wheels or thats gunna be a pain cleaning.

LY 200
Hate those turbines. Why are they on and not your Turnis?

Haha - I thought the same!

i havent got turinis. didnt want to be a sheep!

What? Isnt it a proper cup then?

I can understand not wanting to put them on a 1*2 non cup however how can you be a sheep if they come with the car as standard!? lol

The Turbines have to weigh/affect brake cooling loads more than the Turinis.

Ultra Red Megane 225
Haha - I thought the same!

What? Isnt it a proper cup then?

I can understand not wanting to put them on a 1*2 non cup however how can you be a sheep if they come with the car as standard!? lol

The Turbines have to weigh/affect brake cooling loads more than the Turinis.

Yes it is a "proper" Cup but when i bought the car a few years back now it came on some fairly hideoys 17's and the fella didn't have the Turnini's.
I don't get the massive attraction to them either, they're not a particularily aesthically pleasing wheel and don't weigh a considerable amount less than the turbines. As for brake cooling thats exactly what the turbines are designed to do so you've no need to worry about that.
The RR of them and my wheels are baisically the same down to tyre profiles used so you don't need to panic over that either.

It just seems that anything after market in the wheel department is frowned upon by a few members on here but at the end of the day its my car and if you don't like it then good for you I'm really not fussed and don't think I'm getting on the defensive just felt I should clear up your questions.. ;)

LY 200
^Lol nerve touched much!?

Its your car and im far from worried about it but at the same time im not bothered by aftermarket wheels in general.....My current car is the only in 7 years that i have kept on the standard rim!

I just thought your 'sheep' dig was a little odd considering you owned a cup that come with those wheels as standard thats all!

FF RB 182
I have turbines too but with the metal centres! I'm just trying to decide on what colour to do them.

Really like the white with the blue :)

RB 182 cup
fooking love it, but dam you for having turbines on. need to get mine back from the painter now lol