ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Winter Wheels Off, Summers on.

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
After gally moaning 24/7, I decided to sort this out after work today. Bloody hard work with the wheels being upstairs and heavy as b****cks!

Anyway, last shot on the winters:

13763622144_9fcff8d26f_c.png

And a few generally terrible shots on the summers (I'll be going out for some pics with a few other z4's Sunday probs, so I'll take some better ones then):

13763252985_98d4503854_c.png

13763264393_411e041066_c.png

13763617524_30a121f6ce_c.png

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
Looks awful in comparison IMO. Multispokes looked far manlier.

Sunday you say....

PS: Buy some new clean plates already.

Plates, thanks for the reminder.

As for looking better, it doesn't help that my after photos suck, I prefer it on summers though, less badman, far more OEM.

Million times better old boy. Regards to the weight, du' even lift bro?

Clearly not enough! The weight is fine, it's the awkwardness of the size/shape makes carrying them down stairs bloody impossible without dying.

ST
What you looking at 25kg per wheel/tyre, i guess that would make you top heavy if you were to tackle two at a time going down a staircase.

Does this mean you'll put your foot down a bit next time I see you? "Waaa my winters... Waaa don't know their limits" IIRC...

;)

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Box fresh!!! Would you fit the 101s (iirc) again?

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
Does this mean you'll put your foot down a bit next time I see you? "Waaa my winters... Waaa don't know their limits" IIRC...

;)

Of course sir, dry weather and I'm all over it. Although these are on more tyres I've never tried, but it won't take me long to see if they're any good.

Box fresh!!! Would you fit the 101s (iirc) again?

108's, lol!

I have a set in the garage, fully split, no broken bolts, just need to be sent for a powder coat as they're already split down it should be peanuts. I don't think I'd ever fit them again, but I want them to sell with the car probably. If not, they're worth good money in a mint state, as they commonly snap the split rim bolts as you take them apart, and then you hit problems due to alloy wheel vs steel/titanium bolts. Bit of a git to drill out.

105s.

8458901261_72f5d976f2_c.jpg

8458901699_9cb40f114a_c.jpg

FTW.. TBH.

108's... ;) They look far better with spacers though tbh.

Cheers Welshman.

You would say that.

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
Flol! Good man.

The Alloy/steel thing is always a shitter. Had a customer spend a fortune on a new BBS wheel as the bolts snapped badly in the wheel.

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
I need to figure out if I want some. The wheels I currently have are worth approx £600, that's more than half way to decent CSL rep money.. Oh and I have a pair of £400 headlights in the garage to sell...

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
Excuse my ignorance but how are the winter wheels needed?

Are the summers polished or machined in any way?

No ignorance needed.

Winter were needed for three reasons:

1) I did approx 11k miles over winter for work, if we had bad weather I need to be able to still drive decent distances with no concerns or getting stuck.
2) Summers are 18's, so didn't want to buy 18 inch winter tyres for a million pounds, also meant I could run down the tread on 17's
3) BMW wheels (in original finish) are notorious for having corrosion issues due to salty roads/cold weather, so I wanted to avoid that.

Jason_E

ClioSport Club Member
  Elise, 530d
Then they look a lot like Z4M Wheels haha! Winter tyres are great, and it makes sense to put them on a cheaper wheel. Arguably should be more enforcement of using winter tyres in this country.

seb

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio trophy
Changing my winters over tomorrow. Just had my summer wheels refurbed. Looking forward to seeing them :cool:

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
God those CSLs work. You need a facelift one in a dark colour with some CSLs. ;)

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
God those CSLs work. You need a facelift one in a dark colour with some CSLs. ;)

Grey facelift 3.0si with CSL's and I'd not need another car for a fair while... someone on the owners club currently wants to buy mine (looking for a well maintained high miler) so it's EVER so tempting.

Royston, as for the offset, that's just one particular set of reps. Whatever I got would sit like the 224's, i.e almost flush on the back.