ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

wiring diagrams for a 02 1.5 Dci clio

'52 clio dci
Ever since owning my Clio Dci I have never been able to get the coolant gauge to function! I have tried everything, including:

1) new clocks/dials
2) new sensor

There must be a wiring fault somewhere along the line, but I have checked for continuity from the sensor to the dash and the one signal wire is definitely connected! Im desperate for some wiring diagrams to get this problem solved, as its really starting to do my head in now!!!

Can anyone help me out?

Cheers Lee

'52 clio dci
Ever since owning my Clio Dci I have never been able to get the coolant gauge to function! I have tried everything, including:

1) new clocks/dials
2) new sensor

There must be a wiring fault somewhere along the line, but I have checked for continuity from the sensor to the dash and the one signal wire is definitely connected! Im desperate for some wiring diagrams to get this problem solved, as its really starting to do my head in now!!!

Can anyone help me out?

Cheers Lee

Can anyone help me out??? Im really desperate!!!! Renault won't give me a diagram :(

LY 182
cooling fan wont work either,,, i have had similar issues with a 1.2 8v turned out to be a broken wire bang in the middle of a section of engine loom...

i'd go as far as to say a diagram wont really help you.. get stuck in stripping the loom back,,

get yourself a power probe then you can back probe all the way along the wire untill you lose continuity

'52 clio dci
cooling fan wont work either,,, i have had similar issues with a 1.2 8v turned out to be a broken wire bang in the middle of a section of engine loom...

i'd go as far as to say a diagram wont really help you.. get stuck in stripping the loom back,,

get yourself a power probe then you can back probe all the way along the wire untill you lose continuity

The cooling fan does work, but is constantly switched on and I recieve a fault code for it.

LY 182
yep break in a wire then... fans permanantly on with it unplugged

you checked the fuses?

'52 clio dci
yep break in a wire then... fans permanantly on with it unplugged

you checked the fuses?

I have checked all the fuses near the passenger dash location, but not the ones within the engine bay.

Strange though, because when I disconnect the sensor wiring from the sensor and apply 12 volts down the fan switch wire it turns on and off when 12 volts is removed. But the gauge signal wire does nothing when applied with 12 volts, both positive and negative. I really believe the fault is loacted from the back of the dials to earth. Thats why I desperatly need a wiring diagram!

LY 182
hey?? it does what???

it dosnt work like that,, it takes a resistance reading you should have 5v on one pin and earth on the other... that sends a resistance value to the ecu, the ecu then from there controls the gauge and fan seperately

sort of like

sensor -------------ecu----------------fan relay
............................ecu----------------gauge

'52 clio dci
hey?? it does what???

it dosnt work like that,, it takes a resistance reading you should have 5v on one pin and earth on the other... that sends a resistance value to the ecu, the ecu then from there controls the gauge and fan seperately

sort of like

sensor -------------ecu----------------fan relay
............................ecu----------------gauge

Hmm... Well I found continuity from the signal wire from the temperature sensor to the back of the instrument dials, so what ECU is it going through? surely not the main engine ECU if Im getting continuity ?? I thought the circuit was like this...

Neg Batt ----- ECU ---- sensor ---- clocks ---- Pos batt
============.
============.
============.
___________Fan Relay