ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

wiring foglights up!

Grande 1.2
Hi guys, this may seem like a stupid question - but thats why i am asking you guys before doing it...

but is it a bad idea to wire up my front fog lights to turn on when my rear fog light is turned on. - aslong as i install a fuse it should be safe enough right?

it seems to make sense to me, rather than wiring them up to the main beam like everyone else has suggested!

any help would be much appreciated, thanks!!

Grande 1.2
thats hassle of going to a scrappers and ripping a stalk out - and then fixing it to mine. - i have plenty of wire, crimps, fuses & a fuse holder here. to me it seems simpler. im just wodering is it safe, or MOT passable?

& yes york is one of the most haunted cities in england - so you see I need the fogs to scare away ghosts and such!!

Grande 1.2
yeah i would, but i dont have one! and dont fancy installing one. i like the idea of having one switch that controls all the fogs! if that makes sense

SQ5
Just do it properly FFS.

This forum is having another influx of people asking what to do, suggesting something they could do, asking if that would be ok, being told no and then not listening.

Why bother posting in first place then?

182FF
Just do it properly FFS.

This forum is having another influx of people asking what to do, suggesting something they could do, asking if that would be ok, being told no and then not listening.

Is this forum not the place to ask questions, get advice & opinions?

Some people are a bit harsh on here.....

Btw just my opinion dont want to get in your grill, u seem
quite stressed X

SQ5
He asked what to do and was given advice, then said he will jut do it his way.

He got advice and ignored, forum done their part

Mk4 Mondeo Estate
I believe you need a separate light showing that the front fog lights are on so a normal rocker switch should do the trick.

Grande 1.2
Just do it properly FFS.

This forum is having another influx of people asking what to do, suggesting something they could do, asking if that would be ok, being told no one and then not listening.

f**k is your problem!! my question wasnt answered at all!! no one has answered it!!! i asked if my idea was safe!! and MOT passable - no has said yes or no! just told me other ways to do it!

for the record - im going to buy the loom wires and a switch and do it all properly!

this forum is for advice & to ask questions - piss off if your not at least going to be helpfull you f**king child!

SQ5
I was helpful and told you the correct way of doing it, which funnily enough you are now doing.

Go figure.

Mk4 Mondeo Estate
With the rocker switch make sure it's the type that has a little led that lights up in the on position