ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

with or without strips 0n 182

Clio 1.6 16v 2003

ive more or less decided that im gonna get a racing blue 182, trouble is im not 100% on the strips.

i originally wanted a black one but have a black car now so i should really change.

whats everyones opinion on here? strips or not, i just think they look a bit boyracer to everyone!

BMW 120i Sport

I like stripes, part of me wants grey stripes on my silver 182 :oops:

Anyone else think silver/grey stripes would look good?

Nippy white cup

I originally thought it looked better without but now after seeing Kevs I think the stripes are a definate! Still looks good but a little bland without the stripes

Chris

Clio 1.6 16v 2003

yeah only seen pics, plus i cant find a racing blue without them! id like to buy kevs so long as he still has it when i get the cash.

not quite sure how its bland cos no other colour has strips?

VaVa

Get the stripes. Finish the car off nicely.

Youll have to spread the word that the stripes are in honour of the great Gordini Renaults though, because nobody I know (i.e. non-car nut friends) have ever heard of them and think they make the car look a bit boy racer-ish. I really like them though.

big g i have a silver one aswell and was thinking the same some one on here has the silver with strips look preety tasty let me know if u get them etc ???

tiTTy & SV650

Quote: Originally posted by Big G on 28 February 2005

I like stripes, part of me wants grey stripes on my silver 182 :oops:

Anyone else think silver/grey stripes would look good?
yup itll look cool, I want stripes on my Arctic Blue 182...

tiTTy & SV650

Im not a fan of racing blue full stop, but if youre going for racing blue you gotta get the stripes.

RB182cup&golf gti

I think the stripes are mint, i went renault with a mate when i was ordering the cup and he said get the stripes and the dealer said they looked mint so i thought sod it and they really do look mint, really turns heads!

Clio 1.6 16v 2003

i think i prefer without but not seen a second hand one for sale without them on so might not have a choice.

no offence to anyone but when i was younger id have said yes no doubt, but nearly 25 now so gonna keep it for to years at least so do i want to have strips on my car when im 27?

the other thing is the stripes tend to peel of too, so if your keeping it a while it might look a bit tatty, then when you peel them off you find that the paint underneath it is darker than the paint not covered by the stripes (due to the sun etc)

fat 182

im 25 and ive got the stripes

last to cars have been roadsters and i always wanted a hot hatch

that looked like a hot hatch

not some thing your granmother would drive

you need the stripes on the racing blue

AND HOW MANY MORE TIME IS THIS GONNA GET TALKED ABOUT

Clio 1.6 16v 2003

^^chill^^

im sure it will be asked again, i did a search an guess what it didnt work!

not sure i can be arsd to expain to everyone why it has strips... lol

golf r32 dsg

shaun your colour still looks the best mate!!!

deffinatly without stripes on yours.

[Edited by craigs182 on 28 February 2005 at 11:38am]

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member

Big Gs got a good point. I think something like silver stripes would look good on a black 182.....

I didnt go for them when I ordered my car as I thought it would be a bit too drastic if I didnt like them...

tiTTy & SV650

Quote: Originally posted by Darren S on 28 February 2005

Big Gs got a good point. I think something like silver stripes would look good on a black 182.....

I didnt go for them when I ordered my car as I thought it would be a bit too drastic if I didnt like them...
stripes are only available as an option on racing blue... iirc

You need to go somewhere that does minis to get them done otherwise.

Theres someone on here with a blue 172 cup with stripes, looks good.

Quote: Originally posted by craigs182 on 28 February 2005

shaun your colour still looks the best mate!!!

deffinatly without stripes on yours.

[Edited by craigs182 on 28 February 2005 at 11:38am]

thx :)

seb

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio trophy

Quote: Originally posted by dudelove on 27 February 2005

Blue looks too bland without the strips to break it up imo

which blue you looking at then matey? of the standard colours racing blue is definetley as lairy as inferno... cant see it being bland myself but each to their own!

seb

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio trophy

i had a similiar prob as the person who started this thread...

when i saw my car i thought i didnt really want them as it looked cool without them... plus i have heard a lot of people on this forum who have complained abouth them peeling...

i like them with and without... depends on how much attention you want i suppose.

if i had to make a decision id go without stripes.

Personally I would take with or without with racing blue, but for praticality and durability Id probably choose not to have them. But if I was buying second hand Id not be put off a car with stripes - as long as it was racing blue - I dont like them on any colour other than the racing blue, personally.

Quote: Originally posted by seb182 on 28 February 2005
Quote: Originally posted by dudelove on 27 February 2005Blue looks too bland without the strips to break it up imo[/QUOTE] which blue you looking at then matey? of the standard colours racing blue is definetley as lairy as inferno... cant see it being bland myself but each to their own!

Well, maybe its just because theres so few without the stripes, that it looks like something is missing if you dont have them fitted

Quote: Originally posted by seb182 on 28 February 2005
Quote: Originally posted by dudelove on 27 February 2005Blue looks too bland without the strips to break it up imo[/QUOTE] which blue you looking at then matey? of the standard colours racing blue is definetley as lairy as inferno... cant see it being bland myself but each to their own!

Not entirely sure what you by "standard colours" mate, Inferno is metalic surely shirley?