ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Woman of 86 takes her Clio for a drive on train tracks.

Liquid Yellow R27
Just read this story of how an 86 year old woman turned right in her Renault Clio at a level crossing and drove along a train track in Hampshire. :eek: Luckily both the woman and the 20 year old passenger were fine and the train drivers were alerted before something bad happened. That's just taking the whole 'track day' thing one step to far though IMO.

Full story here: http://www.thisislondon.co.uk/stand...t-at-level-crossing-and-drives-along-track.do

cordoba,panda 100 hp
to be fair she prob didnt realise she was driving on train tracks, i mean have you seen the states of some roads these days, council need to get there fingers out, oh and more signs at level crossings aswell, CLEARLY!

M3, Cup racer'd 182
Even more reason that after a certain age you should re do your hazard awareness test or even driving test.

But to read that their was a 20 yr old at her side it's a surprise that they didn't mention anything.

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
I can see the funny side - but stuff like this makes my piss boil. And WTF was the 20-year-old doing?!?!?! Stop the car FFS!!!

When I went into Renault yesterday, some old codger had to be told AGAIN that he'd come into the wrong dealership and that Fiat was next door. Maybe the large 30ft x 30ft yellow banners on the wall that proclaim RENAULT failed to gain his attention. The owd giffer pushed in front of me twice too. I don't think on purpose. I genuinely think he had no idea I was there.

Scary. They simply shouldn't be on the road.

D.

Liquid Yellow R27
I can see the funny side - but stuff like this makes my piss boil. And WTF was the 20-year-old doing?!?!?! Stop the car FFS!!!

When I went into Renault yesterday, some old codger had to be told AGAIN that he'd come into the wrong dealership and that Fiat was next door. Maybe the large 30ft x 30ft yellow banners on the wall that proclaim RENAULT failed to gain his attention. The owd giffer pushed in front of me twice too. I don't think on purpose. I genuinely think he had no idea I was there.

D.

That's f*cked! :headno:

Swift Sport

D.

Car problems = Renault garage

...Easy mistake!

Disastra Coupe
It is worrying that people like this are on the road. Being older doesn't always make you a safer driver, clearly.

LiamR172

Scotland - NW
ClioSport Area Rep
I donr mind old people, just meaning these 2 old people.

Just imagine the accident they could cause, if they think the railway is the bloody road!!

Liquid Yellow R27
I donr mind old people, just meaning these 2 old people.

Just imagine the accident they could cause, if they think the railway is the bloody road!!

Yeah I'm only joking dude, I know exactly what you mean. It is very worrying! I've seen some old drivers that I just have to overtake otherwise I think I'd end up in an accident. Sat navs should have markers for OAP Drivers on them so we can avoid them lol :)

LiamR172

Scotland - NW
ClioSport Area Rep
So strange...

after posting my previous comment, i went out and i was on the main road... car infront is turning in and theres a car waiting to pull out at the junction.

car infront turns in and the dozy old b**ch at the junction pulled out RIGHT infront of me. i had to swerve into the central reservation to aviod smashing into the back of her!

hence why old people shouldn't drive! well.. they should do a test of some form to make sure they don't ***** about and get in people's way/go up a train track :s