ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

won’t pass emissions! Help! With PICS!

My clio went in for an mot today, and passed on everything minus the emissions.

[http://homepage.ntlworld.com/mark.boyce/fail.jpgfail pic

I thought Id risk it without the cat on, and kinda expected it to fail. Cat is now back on and it still fails.

Ive been given some injector cleaner, but im not sure if this will do anything.

What can i do?

Car spec,
K&n
superchip
scoprian exhaust
1.4 energy

Mr2 Roadster

I would take off the K&N and head for standard, then take it out for a good thrash on the motorway. Mine wouldnt pass untill we reved the knackers off it! Make sure the engine is warm when they test it.

the engine was really warm, id just driven it hard for 15 mins, getting the lamda sensor checked tomorrow hopefully.

Could it be anything else?

Does it need an emissions test? there were posters saying that they rag your engine, if you dont think your engine can take it ....

its not ya lambda sensor ive got the same problems, i had a new sensor fitted last tuesday took mine in on the wednesday and still failed on the co2 emissions,

my spec is:

1.4 engergy, PiperCross IK, Full Stainless Zorst With Rage back box,

my car is booked in for wednesday for another MOT, if it fails on emissions again the garage is gonna put me a cheap zorst system on, get it though its MOY and put my system back on !

BMW 328 Ci

Mine failed lambda test cos it was sucking in air through a blow in the exhaust, £40 down kwick fit and it was fixed, get them to take a look.

The people at my mot place put it up on the jacks to find out what the problem was, nice people.