ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

wooo hoooo ive bought a 172

The Beast MK4
Nice buy Martin. Just be carefull with it!

Its amazing how you feel the leash has taken off when you go 1.2 to 2.0.

I was far too cocky to begin with!

clio...
You lucky what not! I cannot even get 1500 on my 1.2 under the same circumstances. I must live in the f**king ghetto lmao.

Mk2 Clio dci
did you ring them upto get the tpf&t quote, as i am 18 too and have been saving for a 172, but they wont give me a quote for the tpf&t as they dont recommend it.

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
That is a bloody good quote...Surprised they do 3rd party for your age and on a grp 16 car!

:) Enjoy.

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
yeah i rung them up for it, and they were fine with it, no laughing at me, infact the guy on the phone was brilliant.

and nope thats not on my dads name, car and policy in my name with only my mum as a named driver as it brought it down £500, probably if i had payed it monthly it wud have been £2300 ish

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
just had the coilover'd 1.2 out and now im thinking am i making the right descision? the wee thing just went round a bend at 110 then slowed to 70 for a roundabout lol with the exhaust poping and banging.

im not sure im doing the right thing now!

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
think its staying standard (who am i kidding! lol) although i love my 1.2 its really been a waste of money when i think i could have probably bought the 172 in cash if i had saved the money i spent modding!

172 Race Car
i said that about mine, but a set of eibach's and a ktec stealth have already found there way onto it

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
thinking of getting them just to drop it slightly and firm it up a bit, but want to put 15's on it like the 1.2 because i hate the handling on 16s but dont want to ruin the looks! because 15s only look good when its slammed.

without 15s and firmer dampers its never going to handle like the wee 1.2 lol

might look into H&R or Bilstein coilovers

Vauxhall Astra SRi 2.0
i cant even insure a 172 for that price im 19 20 in november bn driving since 17 i get a price of 2000 tpft so what are you doing that im not? r u on mum n dads insureance or somthin u cant be on you rown for a year and be getting that sort of price for that kinda car :nono: