ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Woopdy Woop - finally got my Cup and I love it!!!

172 Cup, Ibiza Cupra
I never even mentioned CAT C, just asked if it had been in a wee bump. Most Cups have been in their day!

If the car is straight and everything checks out then there is nothing to be worried about. I know when I come to sell mine i'll probably have to explain why there are no stickers on mine too!.... which is the point I show the buyer in the direction of my dozy girlfriend and tell her to explain how she managed to rip the bumper off in a car park space she has used to for 4 years.

Last edited:
  Titanium 182
LOL !

It's not in the engine bay it's in the scuttle panel.

Ps, don't take it to renault for cambelt. they wanted £800 to do mine plus a service ahahahahah

DMS

A thirsty 172
I've peeled those stickers off my car because they started coming off on their own. It's not forced to have been in an accident.
They would have been coming off my car anyway because it's having some front end love soon (respray, new fog lamps, new number plate). Not really a bad thing.

Nice car though. Do not get Renault to do the cambelt - they'll have your pants down.

172 Cup, Ibiza Cupra
Think they look better without the stickers anyway.

It's a cracking wee car.... just have be careful and enjoy it!

Titanium 182
The black plastic bit at the bottom of the windscreen. You have to open the bonnet to see it though, on the passengers side.

Edit, here
4247611613_a98ab23c10_b.png

ipodsandguns

ClioSport Club Member
  GW X200 CUP
im still pretty sure it was the one near me, splitter was hanging off it for a while but i dont remember any bumper damage.

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
Nice!

All it needs now is vaginal correction surgery... Oh, er, I mean a splitter. A Cup one.

320d
Brilliant upgrade. Quite possibly the worst time to upgrade to a car thats a lot more powerful with no abs but as long as your careful jumping in at the deepend will do you no harm.

Once it has its splitter back on it will be perfect. Cups are the best looking standard 1*2 imo.

Any plans for it?

172 cup
Brilliant upgrade. Quite possibly the worst time to upgrade to a car thats a lot more powerful with no abs but as long as your careful jumping in at the deepend will do you no harm.

Once it has its splitter back on it will be perfect. Cups are the best looking standard 1*2 imo.

Any plans for it?

I know, some people might think Im mad but tbh I had to have it. Im a VERY careful driver when I need to be (i.e. in bad weather) so I should (fingers crossed) be ok.

Only plans are cambelt and splitter, nothing cosmetic atm - might get wheels and badges coloured at a later date (funds dependent) LOL

jenic

ClioSport Club Member
Like said in an earlier thread, abs doesn't work in this weather anyway so your just as at risk as any other 1*2 owner taking it out imo.

FF RB 182
I know, some people might think Im mad but tbh I had to have it. Im a VERY careful driver when I need to be (i.e. in bad weather) so I should (fingers crossed) be ok.

Only plans are cambelt and splitter, nothing cosmetic atm - might get wheels and badges coloured at a later date (funds dependent) LOL

Get a quote done, depending on the colour you choose, bri might have a wet paint match to do the badges.

Oh, its just thats where mine is. Strange.

fiesta 1.25
Looks good im glad you like it!

If thats what the weather is like in your area id be out driving it all day it will only get worse tomorrow.

120d M Sport
"It's a cat C write off because it hasn't got those stickers on the bumper"

Hmmkay. Nice purchase, must feel like a great upgrade!

LOL I love CS. It is missing stickers must be a Cat C PMSL. The reg check shows it is not. The chances of someone repairing a Cat c out there pocket is highly unlikely. If it was cheap you would notice it as well.

It is a 6 year old cheap hatch (no offence Laura!) most people do not wrap them in cotton wool and polish them every day and worry about missing stickers. They could have been removed, bumper resprayed for chips.

PLEASE tell me you didn't fail to detect the sarcasm in my post??? I was making the same point as you.

It's A Reno
Nice car Laura! :)

Without those stickers and splitter, it will be lighter and have a lower CD than normal, and will kick the arse of the other cars in your area lol.

Reps should have the quickest cars so they can keep their minions members in their place. :)

320d
Like said in an earlier thread, abs doesn't work in this weather anyway so your just as at risk as any other 1*2 owner taking it out imo.

True but it does help when its wet, and the snows melted etc. On snow and ice abs is hopeless.

172 cup
Nice car Laura! :)

Without those stickers and splitter, it will be lighter and have a lower CD than normal, and will kick the arse of the other cars in your area lol.

Reps should have the quickest cars so they can keep their minions members in their place. :)

Too true, it had to be done for this reason alone, felt silly being a rep in a 1.2 shouting "wait for me" LOL.

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
Wish i had a 172 cup :(

There should be black stickers where i've circled. They usually aren't put on after the bumper has been sprayed (well mine weren't), but as you still have your washer blanks it could just have been a genuine touch up to the paint.
1car.jpg

lol TBH, find me a picture of a 1*2 with sticker there, bet you can't.