ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

WOOSHING NOISE...

RS6+ & 40d MSport X5
my 172cup is on 56k miles and is constantly making a "wooshing" noise:S

sounds like an old vauxhall cavalier..

still on the original cambelt n service history shows aux belt was done at the 36k service..

also some squeaks coming from the aux belt pulley's..

any idea's??

Gaz:rolleyes:

rctempire

ClioSport Moderator
Tuuuuuuuuuuuuuurrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrbooooooooooooooooooooooo.
Doubt the 172 has one. Haha.

Anyway, could be a hose for the air intake is off slightly or has a hole in it. Causing a sucking noise.

RS6+ & 40d MSport X5
woosh woosh woosh woosh woosh woosh woosh woosh woosh woosh woosh woosh woosh woosh woosh woosh woosh woosh woosh woosh

thats wot its like..

cam belt?

ST
'its wan ay they mad dump valves that evoo's and scoobies have man, gee's it hunners a booost n that'

Clio 182 - Cup Suspension
Thats funny, mine goes whoosh whoosh whoosh whoosh whoosh whoosh whoosh whoosh whoosh whoosh whoosh whoosh whoosh whoosh whoosh whoosh whoosh whoosh too. Sounds like its coming from the alternator area, don't know whetehr its the belt or the thing itself. Going into the dealers in a week or two for tires so they'll have a look at it then. Get it checked over.

Fletcher

ClioSport Club Member
Thats funny, mine goes whoosh whoosh whoosh whoosh whoosh whoosh whoosh whoosh whoosh whoosh whoosh whoosh whoosh whoosh whoosh whoosh whoosh whoosh too. Sounds like its coming from the alternator area, don't know whetehr its the belt or the thing itself. Going into the dealers in a week or two for tires so they'll have a look at it then. Get it checked over.

IIRC the other things that can cause this noise are worn out cambelt/aux belt.

Clio 182 - Cup Suspension
Cheers. I'll just demand that they check everything. last thing you need is a belt snapping or something! I'll probably get the usual 'they all do that, mate'

Mk1 Eunos Roadster
Cheers. I'll just demand that they check everything. last thing you need is a belt snapping or something! I'll probably get the usual 'they all do that, mate'

Can't you take it somewhere else and bill Holdcrofts? Not even on the basis that they're sh*t and would probably try and fit a belt they got in the john lewis sales?

RS6+ & 40d MSport X5

IIRC the other things that can cause this noise are worn out cambelt/aux belt.
didnt want 2 hear that lol

RS6+ & 40d MSport X5
will auto care cover it???

im not overheating or that

need to bump her sometimes tho

If you suspect its the alt, then get a voltmeter on the terminals without the engine running then while running, then check the readings thats will confirm or elimate this possibility then

RS6+ & 40d MSport X5
If you suspect its the alt, then get a voltmeter on the terminals without the engine running then while running, then check the readings thats will confirm or elimate this possibility then
will do that later today mate thanks