ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Work planned for tomorrow, black clio

don't
Well I have some work to do tomorrow

otherhalfs black clio is in need of some love

It's a 51 reg billabong

Hardly ever washed and if it is, it's done by the polish guys for £5, last time it came back and the paint looked pretty terrible just after they'd cleaned it, all mirky and not a clear look to it

have a few hours spare tomorrow morning, so hopefully weather will stay nice

planning to

wash with megs cold glass
dry
AG SRP
AG EGP
P21s

haven't got time to clay, and doing it by hand

hoping to improve its condition by a fair bit with the polishing

polishing and EGP will take the most time, well leaving the EGP on there anyway

will be my first time using P21s, used to using NXT, so P21s, is pretty much apply and then wipe off within 5 minutes of applying

and polishing, work in straight lines, use pressure and then leave on the paint for a bit longer before buffing off

106 GTi
P21s is easier to use then NXT, wipe it on and wipe it off straight away a panel at a time.

The way you have described the paint sound like it will need a couple of applications of SRP at least or a polish with more bite to it.

JMR

RB 182 Cup
Claying doesnt take that long Dave.

It makes the polishing stage much easier and much faster IMO.

And you'll end up with the paintwork feeling like glass.

Seems a shame to do all the polishing sealing and waxing if you've not done the best preparation you can do.

I picked up a Megs clay bar and quick detailer from Halfrauds. Try it.

James

Sounds the same as my plans this weekend. Black car too.

Apart from the fact I'm hopefully going to clay the car as well.

Just praying for decent weather on sunday, otherwise it'll have to wait till next weekend.

don't
yea i've clayed my car before with the megs clay bar

will work out how much time i'll have before footie and whether I can get it all in comfortably

might just clay one panel first to see how bad its contaminated, if it's bad then carry on claying, otherwise i'll probably move on and polish

doesnt have to be perfect this time round, just some more protection till I'm back from holiday and till the weather stays a bit better

RB 182
Dave with the SRP you'll need small circler motions, don't forget you only a very thin layer of EGP. :cool:

I might find 20 mins to wash the dirt of mine and get it back looking like this:

381934939_6d9d889fdc_b.jpg

Oh the joys of Permagard! :p