ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

World Series by Renault, 2011

Brian

ClioSport Admin
  LY 220 Trophy
i'll be there tomorrow. reckon i'll wear my Smurf t-shirt so keep an eye out for me!

Smurf t-shirt?

I'm going to randomly say hello to all the people wearing Smurf t-shirts, I'm sure there'll be others

1.6 Focus, 1.6 122S
I may or may not be there now.

Depends how much I can get done tomorrow morning.

Last night my gearbox was sat on the garage floor, its been a f**king effort to get it back in on my own.

Man up, i'll be looking for you mop above everyone elses

JMR

RB 182 Cup
Had a decent day apart from it raining and it been pretty cold this aft :)

Yeah it was a good day tbh.
Bonus of seeing two or three good races and not only qualifying (as a lot of people tend to think) made the day enjoyable.

We missed the rain as we were sat up in the Becketts stand, nice and dry. :approve:

sbridgey

ClioSport Club Member
  disco 4, 182, Meglio
i was up in the becketts stand too, was a pretty good spot and stayed dry!

172 ph1
had a mint weekend...just got home after a 4 hour drive! managed to get the motor into the show this year aswel which was good there was some mint cars this weekend.

Was I the only one that got a bit bored after so long? Ended up leaving at around lunchtime today (a guy from RAOC did not look happy when we left at that time ;) ).

Most of the attractions were all the same from last year, although I suppose you cant really complain for free.

172 ph1
Was I the only one that got a bit bored after so long? Ended up leaving at around lunchtime today (a guy from RAOC did not look happy when we left at that time ;) ).

Most of the attractions were all the same from last year, although I suppose you cant really complain for free.

u mean left from the show bit? i left at 12ish aswel lol he musnt have seen me :p

I saw you leaving just as I was walking in, car looked good.

was a good day, yes everything was the same as last year but its a free day out so in my opinion awsome. some very nice cars this year, i think the black 5 turbo2?? made me have some kind of crisis. Also the megane cup race cars are the sex bob-omb.

u mean left from the show bit? i left at 12ish aswel lol he musnt have seen me :p
Yup. From the collectors area. One of the guys there didn't look happy at me.
I saw you leaving just as I was walking in, car looked good.
Cheers matey. You got there quite late then ;)
It was actually very dirty close up. I hadn't had time to clean/ prep it beforehand due to work. Also got covered in spray on the way down as it rained. Ahhh well :p

Oh yea. This event has given me the bug again, like every show I go to. I want to lower the 200 and get some spacers on it.
Oh and the green Clio Cup looked f**king epic.

350z GT
Just got back today.....

Been a good weekend i think :) if you ignore the shitty attractions in the middle and just treat it like a proper championship weekend with free grandstand seats then its awesome :)

I was sat down by The Wing for most of it, the sounds are mental as they go along the new straight

Yup. From the collectors area. One of the guys there didn't look happy at me.

Cheers matey. You got there quite late then ;)
It was actually very dirty close up. I hadn't had time to clean/ prep it beforehand due to work. Also got covered in spray on the way down as it rained. Ahhh well :p

Yer, I only live 10-15 minutes down the road and had a few too many last night, Thought best not to drive first thing.......... and let me headache go away!

Discounted 1*2 parts
had a good weekend, best bit by far was the camping sat night with bbq and beers. I found it a bit boring today though and we'd left by 2:00.

sbridgey

ClioSport Club Member
  disco 4, 182, Meglio
Was a good day went up in a convoy, we all then split up once we got there, saw each other a couple of times afterwards, we stayed to watch the clio cup race then went home to try and miss the traffic, or not!

Does anyone know what happend at the end of wellington straight in the eurocup renault 2.0 race, i was watching from becketts and saw lots of smoke then yellow flags out for a bit.

All in all it was a good weekend and there were some really nice cars on display

sbridgey

ClioSport Club Member
  disco 4, 182, Meglio
were you driving out near a RB 200 and a twingo 133, if so i went passed up the inside in my iceburg 172

BMW 118d
Good day today! i'm a bit pink though, wasn't banking on it being such a nice day! Got some photos which i'll put up when I can be bothered!

DC2 TypeR / E36 328i
Decent day out. Only saw one person off the site that I recognised and that was in Mcdonalds up the bypass!

Recognised a few cars from FCS. Nice to see 2 odysseys there although I think mine would have stood out :p

172 ph1
Decent day out. Only saw one person off the site that I recognised and that was in Mcdonalds up the bypass!

Recognised a few cars from FCS. Nice to see 2 odysseys there although I think mine would have stood out :p

mine was gleaming (the h13 lmc) one until they made me drive up through that bloody red forest track and it got covered before i went in so it just got a quick wipe down lol.....some awesome cars there today loved the 5's especially the black one and the race prepared looking yellow one what a beast! also that v6 trophy thing was something else. all the clios were mint even the blue one with the war scars all over it lol

DC2 TypeR / E36 328i
mine was gleaming (the h13 lmc) one until they made me drive up through that bloody red forest track and it got covered before i went in so it just got a quick wipe down lol.....some awesome cars there today loved the 5's especially the black one and the race prepared looking yellow one what a beast! also that v6 trophy thing was something else. all the clios were mint even the blue one with the war scars all over it lol

Yours was the one of the two that I took pictures of lol...

6066380445_2e64683ed4.jpg
Renault World Series 095
by danny2107, on Flickr
6066359639_b92a343f98.jpg
Renault World Series 093 by danny2107, on Flickr

:cool:

197 Albi Blue
Some w*****s managed to get in my boot and go through all my stuff until one of you guys realised it wasn't their car and told them to do one. Thanks again to whoever that was. My dad didn't lock the boot after he went back to get a drink while I was off looking at cars. Spent the rest of the day sat in my car after found out

---
- Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ash.

North West
ClioSport Area Rep
Someone sat on mine some people really dont give a toss! cans on beer on the roof too!

sbridgey

ClioSport Club Member
  disco 4, 182, Meglio
seeing the chavs walking around the cars and listening too them made me cringe, kinda glad i didnt bother with the alpine tickets even though parking there is alot easier if you want to get stuff out of the car throughout the day

Thank God I parked with the peasants then, although my brother moaned when we got ushered away as I didn't have an Infield Pass and one of the attendants told us to go through. Was a good day and saw some good Racing. Will post photos up tomorrow as still at my mum's in Cambridge.

DC2 TypeR / E36 328i
There were some proper scummy looking chavs there, I guess "free tickets" brings these idiots out.

I'm pretty sure I was the only northerner there too?!