ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Worst clio to wear an RS badge?

RB 182 cup,astra sri
Right, i'm going to try and defend my decision of the 182 Cup being the worst car to wear the RS badge. Mainly because i'm not drunk today.

Available in one good colour and one crap colour. The seats! They just fitted dynamique seats! At least use a different pattern. (as per the 172 cup!) The Aircon. Whats the point in deleting the Climate control from a normal 182 and then fitting an Aircon button instead?! Its a pointless exercise. It makes it no cheaper to run or indeed fit a cambelt. Then theres the whole marketing thing. Why not just offer a 182 or a 182 Cup? Whats the point in a 182 but with cup packs? Thats just admitting that the normal 182 wasn't quite good enough as standard and you should spec £250 worth of spoilers and £400 (iirc?) worth of suspension when you order the car because the standard car is just a bit stoo hit. (I appreciate its not, but thats what it says to me.)

As for Roy and Brown dick criticising me for choosing a 182 cup as being the worst clio to wear an RS badge, I am basing it on my experiences. I haven't driven or indeed even sat in a normal 200 Clio therefore cannot compare it to my Cup. I would hate to offer an opinion based on nothing other than internet hearsay as I appreciate that is punishable by internet death here on the beloved Cliosport.net.

So there are MY opinions. Some may not agree, but frankly my dear I don't give a dam because i'm off out to get drunk again in a minute.

Ok, so what you are saying here is that the 182 cup isnt good because it doesnt have a distinct seat pattern. Good argument! The rest of what you say basically sounds as if you think the FF 182 with cup packs is pointless?

Listerine & Poledo
^^
I think the point is that the 182 Cup was less 'cup' than the 172.
Mind, the 172 Cup wouldn't have needed to exist if the Ph.2 wasn't such a fat boy compared to the original.

Ph 1 172
Phase 2 172
and
dare i say the v6 clio?!?!? for what they should of been (supercar slayers on a budget more like the meg r26.r of newer renault sport range) they were not very powerful, bit crap on handling from what most reports say i.e it grips and grips and then it rips your head off spinging in a pile of smoke, that said i still want one in acid yellow or lunar grey lol.

RS 182 CUP
There isn't a crap rs Clio, not yet anyway, each model has it's good points and it's bad. You will only say it's crap if it's the one you havnt got.

Disastra Coupe
My ph2 172 is an upgrade from my Saxo so i'm not too bothered personally lol.

I considered a cup, but coming from a stripped Saxo with not much comfort at all i had decided i wanted leather, i wanted air con, i wanted climate control... Just wanted the toy's really.
You can't drive THAT fast on normal roads and tbf my car's an everyday commuter. The more comfort the better i thought.

Tbf though, i'm guessing probably every RS is a good car. They're all nippy enough, they're all good handling car's, they all look smart (even if one like mine for example could slip past you un-noticed).

320d
I've had a 182 with cup-packs, a 172 cup and 2 x Trophys.

To be brutely honest, they'll all roughly the same - its all down to what budget you have & what bargain becomes available.

I wouldnt say no to any of them, they're all the same with a bit of tinkering, which lets be honest, 99% of people do anyway.

I think that is 100% spot on. I'd personally say the least desirable is the ph2 172 however stick it on turini's and a good set of coilovers and you've got a much more capable car than a cupped 182 and it no longer looks like a dynamique because it has some good wheels on it. Performance wise it should be slower than a 182 but with renaults erratic power outputs it could well end up being faster.

I was uhming and ahing about whether to get a 172 or a 172 cup and I figured that for all the track days I get to now and the amount of 'real' driving you have the opportunity do, losing Aircon and ABS just isnt worth the extra 0.2secs and the slightly better handling.

The kit level actually really surprised me. Its one of the best equipped cars ive ever owned.

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
Here's the Clio line-up, to date. From 2000-2010.

Original.
Original w/Sh*t Interior.
Snap Oversteer w/Laguna Engine.
Comfortable.
Hardcore.
Chavvy Exhausts.
Cheap Chavvy Exhausts.
Aircraft Hanger w/Laguna Engine.
Weight w/HGV Gearing.
Weight w/Car Gearing.
Wants To Be A 172 Cup. But White.
Cashing In On F1.
Ugly.
Ugly & Cheap.

MENTAL.

What about the 182Cup? What happened to the money you saved from buying that new? Did you have to burn it in front of the dealer before he handed over the keys?

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
182 Cup.

Rubbish interior, colour, spec. no faster, no better on track. Least the 172 Cup looked good.