ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Would a hole in the exhaust cause a lumpy ideal when cold?

as the title suggests. Just bought a 172 and noticed it was quite loud on low revs and found air pissing out of the welds on a silencer. When starting from cold the idle does seem a bit lumpy would a hole in the exhaust cause this due to low back pressure?

LiamR172

Scotland - NW
ClioSport Area Rep
I dont really know the answer to your question but the renaultsport clios are a rough drive when they are cold.

Ph1 172 (titanium)
I have a missing backbox sized hole in my exhaust at the moment. It's bloody loud, but isn't any rougher than when it was on!
New exhaust going on this week!

172 Cup
I have a missing backbox sized hole in my exhaust at the moment. It's bloody loud, but isn't any rougher than when it was on!
New exhaust going on this week!

My backbox fell off last week, the noise it made was ridiculous! Fun at first, but leaves you with a headache. And almost everyone you drive past down the street looks at you with hate in their eyes lol. Quite glad its sorted now! But I noticed no difference to the way the car ran. I expect a pre-cat blow would make a difference, but not so much post-cat.

Fletcher

ClioSport Club Member
My backbox fell off last week, the noise it made was ridiculous! Fun at first, but leaves you with a headache. And almost everyone you drive past down the street looks at you with hate in their eyes lol. Quite glad its sorted now! But I noticed no difference to the way the car ran. I expect a pre-cat blow would make a difference, but not so much post-cat.

When I lost my backbox my 172 felt gutless.

Ph1 172 (titanium)
When I lost my backbox my 172 felt gutless.

I haven't really tried booting it, anything above 3k and my change in the ashtray rattles like crazy, along with everything else,
Pretty sure every bolt, wherever it may be, is going to works itself loose! :p