ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Would this work ??

Rb Clio 182
Right i am wanting to turbo my clio this year and trying to cover all the ground before i start so i dont come stuck while in the process of doing some .

I have been SEARCHING the internet for the past week or so , i was wanting to fit a megane 225 engine and box but i have seen it been coverd alot on here and i read that there is to much work involved in cuttiong the leg ect ect .

So i found out then that the megane engine and clio engine is the same apart from the block ( as the megane gearbox is bigger than the clio )

So would i be right in to thinking that the internals are the same I.E pistons , crank , con rods , ( obviouse the CP is different ) but is this right in what i am thinking ?

so if i use the clio block and internals of the megane also the megane head and inlet and exhaust manifold and turbo would that work ??

I was going to run the standard turbo with a FMI and boost control with a standard ECU but was going to have it live mapped ?

So step by step wa i want to do is

~ Clio block with megane pistons , con rods , crank
~ Megane head with inlet and exhaust manifold with standard turbo
~ Ktec FMI with all solid pipes & boost controller
~ Custom down pipe and full exhaust system
~ Standard ECU with live remap
~ Paddle Clutch
~ Uprated Engine & Box mounts

Would this set up work ??

Please b4 you lock this thread and say search i already have just want to make sure i clarify everything i have searched for days so please dont lock this thread as i am wanting to find out as much as possable .

Thanks Gavin

P.S Any one who has converted there clio this way as much help as possible would be much appreciated .

Clio T 314hp c43 AMG
You need to search for andyrg and his ph1 172 mate, he did exactly what you have just said, you will need to keep the 172 crank, you can fit f4rt pistons/rods and with uprated bolts you will see 300hp (no more) I have these for sale in the for sale section.

Clio T 314hp c43 AMG
Ok would a 182 crank be the same ??

You would use your 182 crank, which is fine for f4rt rods, the reason is this, the crank bolts to the flywheel which in turn bolts to the clutch, your wanting to run you jc5 182 gearbox, for this reason you can run your 182 crank.

Ly Megane 230 F1
unless you can get all this at a reasonable price..are you not aswell to just buy low comp pistons and forged rods for your 182 engine? then you can buy ktec's manifold and downpipe so it saves fabrication costs :)

Ly Megane 230 F1
just pricing it up now on ktec... £1044 for rods and pistons + £646 for manifold and downpipe + allllll the extra bits.. i suppose it is quite expensive this way though :/..

Ly Megane 230 F1
i wish i had the money to do this! i think if you do 90% of the work yourself you could have a pretty respectable turbo clio for around £3.5k

Clio T 314hp c43 AMG
I don't have time to do a project thread I'm afraid, should be done in around 3 months all being well, currently running 222bhp lpt.

Clio T 314hp c43 AMG
Yes it's good, but you will always be left wanting more, surprised a few cars which is fun :) I am running a lpt conversion with standard internals.