ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

would you buy a cat c?

Ad

MK2 FRS
trav3.jpg

tarvis2.jpg

thats a cat C

which no one would bother repairing, hence the term "may" in the description of a cat c.

LY V6 with Recaros
I don't think I would, I'm too much of a fussy b**ch lol, I like to know it's perfect. I'm sure it could be perfect after being repaired, but I'd still know it's been in an accident...

AMV8, Mk1 Golf
i guess its up to the person, wether they are happy enough with the repairs to put thier kids in it etc, if it was joust you in in all the time id more hapily drive one, as its only my life and i value others more highly than myself, imagine if you had a crash with your little bro in the car and it didnt respond well to a crash.. he died or something how guilty would you feel

320d
The 182 i'm selling is a Cat C but god knows why its on a C, no creased roof, no airbags went off, no suspension damage, all original wheels, the variety in assessments is huge, you get some fresh Cat C's and some rough Cat C's

Before and after pics are essential

I'd have no problems with them

Confidence has a lot to do with it, people are 'afraid' of what they don't understand

clio dci
all my cars have been damaged repairables cat c/d never had any problems with or selling them.all these people on here who would never drive one have'nt got a clue my 04 clio dci 1 owner 16k miles fsh on cat d stands me at £2300 repaired!

Burgandy 174 sport t
Fair enough, so if picS and bills are there u reckon there would be no probs selling on?

Thing is most dont have that.

Padso

ClioSport Club Member
  Merc
I had a CAT C celica up until about 6mths ago and it was in better condition than nearly any other Celica i had seen about.

This car was 13years old:

celicasidefront.jpg

www.renparts.co.uk
I wouldn't feel right driving other people around in a Cat D, so Cat C is a no brainer.

It's usually bulls**t when they say it was only cosmetic damage, cars aren't given Cat C for no reason.

a mk2 ph1 clio with a broken bumper, headlight and bonnet is cat C often...

Punto/Clio GTT
pretty clueless cliokhunt. ive seen cars come into our bodyshop that are definite writeoffs and weve been told to repair them, other times weve had cars in that have f**k all damage and weve been told not to touch them as theyre writeoffs.

clio dci
forget pics and bills most people know a dodgy motor when they see one, wether crashed or not. fact is these cars will sell for less than book as mentioned before buy cheap sell cheap.if your not sure arrange an aa inspection

al

ST on the way...
Would never buy a cat C.

My old 1.6 was classed as a cat C and I wouldn't go near it with a bargepole, damage in the wierdest places.

Clio 1.6 16v Dynamique +
I used to have a 1.4 8V RT Alize. It was written off in an accident that no-one can explain. I won't go into that now. The car suffered some major damage, sub frames, floor panels, tailgate,suspension, bumpers (front and back), wings, lights and various other bits and bobs.

The insurance company decided she was beyond economical repair and I got paid off. They told me the car would be scrapped, which I thought was well and truely fair enough considering all the damage she had.

Anyway, six months later I was contacted by the DVLA who wanted my permission to re-register the car so it could be taxed and put back on the road. I was stunned due to the fact as far as I was aware they should have contected my insurance company being as they car had not belonged to me for six months. I rang my insurance company who strangely enough wanted me to deal with it. I flatly refused as the car should have technically belonged to them after they had written it off and paid me what they thought it was worth. I told them I was going to leave it with them, gave them all the details the DVLA had given me and hung up.

Since then we have found out that the car is definitely back on the road again. The thing that worries me is, because of the severe damaged she suffered, I can not be sure she was repaired by a proper garage and done to a high standard. It makes my blood run cold when I think about the fact that some innocent person could be driving around in her with their precious kids in the car. I worry about what could happen if she was simply hit up the rear at about 40mph.

I can honestly say, if I had known the car was going to be repaired and sold on, I would have bought the darn car back from the insurance company and totally trashed it to make sure there was no way anyone could ever drive her again and thus taking away the risk of someone maybe getting tragically hurt.

I could never buy a car that had been catagorsied damage wise. I would never sell on a car that I knew may need some work like that either, purely because I would worry as to whether it would be repaired properly and would be safe to drive. I would rather lose money and scrap it, and knowing what I know now, I would total the damn thing first too.