ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Would you buy....

Hi everybody im new!

So would you buy an ex-renault dealership demo car? Its a 182 with cup pack, 54-reg with 5000 miles. Doesnt look like its been abused - good tyre tread, little disk wear and paint/body in good condition. Anything else i should be looking for? On sale for 11,999 but obviously i would haggle the price down!

Thanks! :)

Ziel Nurburgring

Its got the balance of a 3 year warranty and has probably been run in properly I.E. by a joy riding mechanic from cold and thrashed to within an inch of its life. Should run pretty well!

Dont pay much more than £10.5K though, use the above as a reason.

Okay thanks for advice!

Just been to have a closer look at the car. Ran it for a while and noticed it had a slightly unstable idle and slight resonance from the back box but this all stopped after 3 mins of idling. Revs up okay too. Is that usual for renaultsport engine? Checked all electric toys and everything seems to work. Told me to come back tomorrow for a test drive and will see how it goes/listen for clonks etc!
Limbering up on my barganing skills!!

Shhh

Insurance can be a pain in the ass as of the optional extras. People class the cup packs as a extra and therefore the insurance companies hike the price up. Im 25 with 4yr ncb and they want £706 full comp with £150 excess. Check the insurance before you get out there buying, also use that as something to use.

The cup suspension is 3mm lower than standard, you have to tell them the wheels are a different colour and that the rear spolier is slightly larger than standard.

This is a reply to lou_m, my 172 has the same unstable idle as well, but mine seems to get worse the hotter the car gets, but when i took it down to the main dealer i bought it from they had it for full day and when i got it back they said there was nothing wrong with, but it still does it now and its very annoying

EVO VII

my mk 1 172 is an ex demo car, not had any problems with it at all just rolled on to 78k.

As for insurance ive just got mine down to £668 im 21 with 2 yrs NCB :) thats with elephant

My MK2 172 has just turned 3 years old and i have had nothing but trouble with in the last two months, i have had all the relays changed and a new set of clocks due to the trip computer resetting itself all the time and now this unstable idling

all have unstable idles, its the cams iirc....

as for the slight resonance from the back box, it could actually be early signs of the 4K rattle which is a knackered cat or middle section, I forget which!

Clio 1.6 16v 2003

Quote: Originally posted by AliasOmega on 20 April 2005

Insurance can be a pain in the ass as of the optional extras. People class the cup packs as a extra and therefore the insurance companies hike the price up. Im 25 with 4yr ncb and they want £706 full comp with £150 excess. Check the insurance before you get out there buying, also use that as something to use.

The cup suspension is 3mm lower than standard, you have to tell them the wheels are a different colour and that the rear spolier is slightly larger than standard.

never thought of this im just going to insure mine as a standard 182 even tho it has cup options

clio 182 black /gold

Hi smiles i don,t know where you live but up here in preston they are doing new 182 sports for £11999. I just bought a 182 sport for £12400 OTR + a tank of fuel

Thanks for warm welcome and helpful advice!

Update!

Just bought my arctic blue with cup pack for 11600!! I know its a bit high but they gave me a good deal on my p.ex focus diesel and I managed to get 12 months road tax thrown in.
Picking it up on monday-cant wait!!! :D