ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Would you pay this?

Golf 7.5R & Clio 200
I drive a slightly modified clio 1.2 16v at the moment. My insurance renewal is roughly £900.00 or so fully comp.

On a completley standard 182, I'm getting quotes between £1900.00 - £2500.00 3rd Party F&T..

But being 19 at the moment (2 years NCB), I'm wondering if its worth waiting untill I hit 20? And 3 years NCB before I upgrade?

What would you do?

( Quotes on an 2004 182 worth £3000.00 )

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Mental.

It's a shame it takes people years to see the error of their ways. When I was 18 i'd probably have paid that if I had the money.

Not in a million years would I pay that. Like everyone above says - please wait.

At 19 money doesn't seem too much of an issue, but when you get older you'll kick yourself for paying that much for just car insurance.

Listerine & Poledo
Save your money. Wait unti l21 and get something worth having without gettting drybummed for insurance

Clio 2002 1.2 16V
I drive a slightly modified clio 1.2 16v at the moment. My insurance renewal is roughly £900.00 or so fully comp.

On a completley standard 182, I'm getting quotes between £1900.00 - £2500.00 3rd Party F&T..

But being 19 at the moment (2 years NCB), I'm wondering if its worth waiting untill I hit 20? And 3 years NCB before I upgrade?

What would you do?

( Quotes on an 2004 182 worth £3000.00 )

Change your DOB by one year and say you have 3 years NCB. See what the quote is.
As long as you don't accept a quote its fine to enter hypothetical info.

LiamR172

Scotland - NW
ClioSport Area Rep
Change your DOB by one year and say you have 3 years NCB. See what the quote is.
As long as you don't accept a quote its fine to enter hypothetical info.

And is the insurance price going to stay the same until for a whole year? probs be up by another grand by then!

Go for it and enjoy it :p

Astra (H) VXR
Get it... I did it at your age and have no regrets at all... Money is there to be enjoyed at 19... Just insure it fully comp because it probs won't cost much more and at least you will get paid out if your wrap it.

225 Cup & Williams
If you can afford it, do it!

Lifes too short, and you only live it once.

Exactly! Don't listen to what people tell you on here if you can afford it and want to do it then go for it. I done it paying around about that price for insurance at 19 for my Williams & then 172 and I don't regret it one bit.

I did do it, payed £2000 to insure my 172 at 18, fully comp though. I have the same view as Gaz, life is too short to wait about and be sensible.

If you can afford it without crippling yourself and it's what you really want, do it.

Clio 182
Go for it.. if its what you want. I got a BMW 318 at 17 and was paying about 350-400 a month. If you can afford it and wont run into debt whats stopping you?

Clio Dynamique+ 1.4
If you can afford it and don't mind that you'll be spending a whole lot more money then go for it. Otherwise invest that money into something else that'll make you happy!

Stefan.

ClioSport Club Member
Go for it.. if its what you want. I got a BMW 318 at 17 and was paying about 350-400 a month. If you can afford it and wont run into debt whats stopping you?

f**king lol!! so if that works out straight you were paying about 4 + grand to insure a 1.8?? im all for living for the moment but id rather have been on some awesome holidays etc to show for my money than 1 years insurance :eek:

Wait a bit longer - more experience, cheaper insurance and the final thrills of driving the s**ttest cars of your life.

EDIT: Try a 172 quote too just incase or 172 Cup. Most likely exactly the same though as I think they are the same group.