ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

WoW! What a difference just fitted POLY dogbone bushes...

ClioSport PH2
Hey Chaps,

Just thought id post about my antics at 10.00pm last night. Was sitting on the couch watching my CSI as usual when my son brought in a package that had arrived 2 days ago that everyone forgot to tell me about, yes my POLY MOUNTS!!!!:rasp:

IMG00434-20100916-2037.jpg

IMG00435-20100916-2140.jpg

So in my excitement I went straight to the garage and began removing the old mount which looked like this....

IMG00432-20100916-2014.jpg

IMG00431-20100916-2014.jpg

Had to remove the undertray and revealed a slightly worrying leak on OS of car defo not gearbox oil more like engine oil, very black and not smelly :rolleyes:

Once I took off mount I started to compare the old with the new....

IMG00437-20100916-2140.jpg

IMG00440-20100916-2141.jpg

And it then hit me.... HYDRAULIC PRESS, SH*T!!!:S:S:S
Okay Okay, before you all start laughing at me, yeh I knew I needed one but I completely forgot and really was shattered and it was 10pm and I had been up since 5am and I had been playing footie with my 5yr old all night...... Anyways long story short I was in luck, my best pal works at BMW in Park Lane (which is in centre of town, london) and from my house roughly 12miles but through the city so got in the mrs mini and headed down there, had it all done and ready to bolt on in no time but then had to endure a traffic filled journey home.!:(

SO...... Eventually 11.45am got home and started refitting this -

IMG00441-20100916-2156.jpg

AMAZING, completely tightened up the whole car, made it feel more responsive more torquey and gears are MUCH more precise, best £32 I have ever spent on any mod espcially one thats made this much difference.....

More to follow...!:approve:

The Boosh!

ClioSport Admin
  Elise, Duster
I wouldn't say more torquey but I know what you are trying to say.

Muchos improved gear changes when I fitted mine (or at least as much improvement as you can expect from a chocolate gearbox!)

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
Hate the poly bushes...It feels better because your old ones were shagged...Nowt wrong with oem mounts! That goes for top mounts aswell.

The Boosh!

ClioSport Admin
  Elise, Duster
Hate the poly bushes...It feels better because your old ones were shagged...Nowt wrong with oem mounts! That goes for top mounts aswell.

I personally disagree. My old mount was fine but got this one for peanuts so thought sack it and fitted it. Glad I did!

It wouldn't be the first thing id rush out and buy though given the choice.

Megane RS 250
There was a noticable difference in gear change precision and in engine movement on mine too, and the banging sound of the 182 manifold disappeared (no dent version).
I say they're money well spent.

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
I personally disagree. My old mount was fine but got this one for peanuts so thought sack it and fitted it. Glad I did!

It wouldn't be the first thing id rush out and buy though given the choice.

Welcome to your opinion. Even if it is wrong.

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
I've just got one ready to fit when it goes in for it's service.

The Boosh!

ClioSport Admin
  Elise, Duster
Welcome to your opinion. Even if it is wrong.

Ah right. Let me re-introduce you to your opinion:

Jew said:

Yup. Extremely wrong.

Clearly he had an issue with the oem mounts. Hence it feels better now !!!

The poly bushes will last longer anyway. £30 well spent.

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
Clearly he had an issue with the oem mounts. Hence it feels better now !!!

The poly bushes will last longer anyway. £30 well spent.

No s**t, they're probably the original set! I replaced mine at 30k with polyflex and it was diabolical!!! the car actually shook at idle and when you hit a bump you required physio for wks! The engine mounts are a wk point on the older 1*2 renualtsports, but for the money the oem mounts are both better and more comfy. I wouldn't uprate the bushes on any road car.

The Boosh!

ClioSport Admin
  Elise, Duster
No s**t, they're probably the original set! I replaced mine at 30k with polyflex and it was diabolical!!! the car actually shook at idle and when you hit a bump you required physio for wks! The engine mounts are a wk point on the older 1*2 renualtsports, but for the money the oem mounts are both better and more comfy. I wouldn't uprate the bushes on any road car.
Was it fitted properly? Mine feels no different from standard vibration wise.

Megane RS 250
Mine doesn't vibrate at idle and isn't stiffer in any way apart from engine movement under throttle opening/closing. Maybe there a little bit more vibration on the gearknob.

Last edited:

Mine vibrates no more than the standard.

RS RIP
wow i've been talking s**t i think; looking at how the thing comes off on the picture ! Big rubber goes on top !? Mine came off the other way round !?

Come to think of it ; mine had been changed once already so they may have fitted mine with the wrong rubber on top...

Some people (including me) have it fitted the other way round because it reduced vibration ! I'm leaving it.

How are the vibrations on idle with yours ? (directed at the op?)

Ph1
Iv got the e/mounts and dog bone and the only real vibration i get is the face off head unit panel. Other than that cant find a negative with these

ClioSport PH2
Well...... thanks to all positive and negative comments, nice to see both!

If im honest my experience so far is definitely a POSITIVE, not much added vibration at all but granted there is more than normal. Overall for the pors it provides id say its defo best £30 ive spent.

Ali - I appreciate your opinion but obviously the oe mounts work best for you whereas I believe the Poly works best for me. Also are you sureyou fitted the mount properly (no offence) as really i admit that there is added vibration but nothing so major as you describe!