ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Wrote car off need advice.....

Audi S3 225

Hi, crashed my car last nite, its a write off im sure, rear axle is bent and wheels are buckled, plus engine dont start as theres damage under the car.

I had it towed and its now on my driveway. I have a few questions, firstly im with elephant and am fully comp, i have declared the exhaust, wheels and supspension up to 5cm but it is lowered 60-70 mm which is around 6 or 7 cm does this matter. Also if i claim and they offer my the amount its worth will they take it away and also if they do can i buy it back off them?

I have parts on my car that i would like to sell, will they still pay out of the car is stripped and on bricks?

Thx

Allan

well if youve declared it for upto 5cm then its void if its any larger! and they WILL sting you on it cos obviously they dont like to pay out

are you alright?

Audi S3 225

Im fine thx hit my head hard on the window, airbags didnt work either!, will they really check that as the wheels and arched are so f**ked theres no way you can tell the amount its lowered.

Also spolier is a double reno one will they moan about that, it didnt come with the car?

think elephant will sell me the car to salvage?

Thx

rsturbo and a xr3i

tbh theres only the insurance that can answer your question no one is really going to know on here weather they will or they wont void it, IMO insurance companies will try there best to get out of not paying so id say yes your claim is going to be void. but i think it all comes down to how much on the ball the accesor is when he comes to look at the car like you say its hard to tell that its been lowered anymore than what you have declared but if its got a spoiler sat on the back thats not meant to be there then i would say your f**ked .

2008 Golf GTI Edition 30

tbh, they wont care about 60mm compared to 50mm.

You can just say it settled lower than planned.

1995 Mondeo Speed Machine

With the suspension, if the rear axle is as bad as it sounds then they wont be able to tell hom much its been lowered.

However, you are now finding out why people say always declare you mods. When youve had an accident, the last thing you want to be worrying about is whether the insurers are going to pay out or not. A lesson for the future...

Skoda Fabia vRS

all i can say is good luck with it all mate

im havin a hard time at the moment with my insurance, GTT conversion fully declared and they are offering me peanuts back !....

Scooby STi, FiestaST

if the car is really damaged cant you try to "hide" some of the bits you are worried about.... how is the spoiler attached ????

My mates beatle went up in smoke however the engine wasnt in it at the time. He also managed to take the gearbox out and some other stuff - the accessor came and went and they paid out no questions 15k

[Edited by Dazz on 4/10/2005 12:32:03 AM]

i have recently (last month) been involved in a crash, Being a women in a yaris drive into the side of me!. I pay for all my insurance with it all declareed, ie decat, alloys etc etc, but my dad renewed it for me a week before the crash but instead of re-declaring the extras just included new windscreen with strip, then I got new mot, service and tires, so now with crash I am looking at car value of £850 but thanks to renault quoteing me £1103 to fix a dent i still got the car on the road and the evaluation hasnt mentioned the mods, now declared tho, but thats me just being VERY lucky!

Car is written off but buying back for £85!!!!!!! so get to keep £765 from crash! so all need to use is a sucker pad and un-dent wing.

Matt.

rsturbo and a xr3i

Quote: Originally posted by BRUN on 10 April 2005

all i can say is good luck with it all mate

im havin a hard time at the moment with my insurance, GTT conversion fully declared and they are offering me peanuts back !....
how come your having trouble if everything was declared ?? what insurance company is that aswell ?? sorry for been nosy im just curios

Audi S3 225

I cant get the boot open so its gonna be impossible to remove the spoiler unless i rip it off!!! But like i said the spolier isnt an aftermarket one its the renault double spoiler that alot of renaults have whcih i bought from renault, if say it already came with the car which they aint gonna no are they then i cant see there being a problem i hope.

Also im gonna get my m8s jack and try to higher the suspension 2day as i have coilovers hopefully i do it right as ive never done it before.

Any1 got any tips, is it as easy as taking wheel off and using the claw thingy to turn the strut bit?? also how many turns for say 10mm?

Thx

Audi S3 225

update, got boot open, spoiler off, just wondering can the rear on the spax rsx kit be adjusted for height? i no the front can but unsure on rear

Thx

7.6cc :D

I didnt declare my Renault double spoiler when I had it, as it can be a factory option if requested at the time.

Mercedes SLK350

I pranged a 2.5 V6 SRI Vectra in 1999. The damage was suspension, all 4 wheels and all 4 tyres. £5500 worth in total.

The thing is, I had just put 17" wheels on, and not declared them. So I was a little worried.

To cut a long story short, everything was replaced like for like. The body shop got 4 17" multi-spoke wheels for me, which I did not like. So I rejected them.

I went elsewhere for wheels, which were three times the cost and the insurance paid.

Quote: Originally posted by big lee on 10 April 2005

I pranged a 2.5 V6 SRI Vectra in 1999. The damage was suspension, all 4 wheels and all 4 tyres. £5500 worth in total.

The thing is, I had just put 17" wheels on, and not declared them. So I was a little worried.

To cut a long story short, everything was replaced like for like. The body shop got 4 17" multi-spoke wheels for me, which I did not like. So I rejected them.

I went elsewhere for wheels, which were three times the cost and the insurance paid.
Lucky!!

elephant tried to screw me over for having a nightime crash seeing as i work nights they still took 3 months to pay out car went to salvage broken wish bones, bent chassis etc still ticked over nice thou haha 4,000 to fix on a 52 plate 172 cup worth then 9000 gutted but be very carefull with elephant ? and be greatful if they pay out full stop

When i wrote off my car......my insurance companyb(CIS) didnt even come to look at the damage and its been 3months now and they still havnt decided whose fault it was or paid out, ive filled out about 8 this is what happened things!

So ive scrapped the car and sold all the stuff i could and make back about £400!