ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Wrote my clio off this morning :<

wrote my 1.2 off then my 172 cup 6months later and both down to speeding in the rain aquaplaned the first time across 3 lanes in to a traffic light and the 172 curbed on a left corner skidded across road into a curb straight on which bent the chassis now drive the 182 in the wet at the slowest speed poss

Tungy
wrote my 1.2 off then my 172 cup 6months later and both down to speeding in the rain aquaplaned the first time across 3 lanes in to a traffic light and the 172 curbed on a left corner skidded across road into a curb straight on which bent the chassis now drive the 182 in the wet at the slowest speed poss

Deffinately learn't the hard way then. I think it takes most people a bump to realise they need to calm down/treat conditions accordingly.

172 cup TT
Glad you're alright but just one thing... PLEASE get the spelling in JUST ONE of your posts correct!! or (more worryingly) you better not think everything is spelt right - god, the worlds full of spastics now, i hate this new "txt" patter...

<Rant over> :)

BMW 320d SE
We all make mistakes (especially in our early days of driving) - that's how you learn! It's suprisingly easy to roll a car, although easier to drive in a manner that won't! You're just lucky you lived to learn from this mistake.

you still get 30mph bends on 60 limit roads. you can't roll a car if you're driving anywhere near sensibly.

i'm no angel but that was daft. you're lucky you lived to tell the tale and, like you say, you were lucky you didn't have passengers.

mk5 Astra SRI
Thats happened 100yrds up the road from where I work. Apparently the police have worked out they were doing ~70mph when they clipped the kerb. I think theres a lesson to be learnt there.

Do you work at the Shell Garage or the Willy Wicket pub?

I'd say they must have been doing well over 100mph or the driver was so smashed on drink and drugs that he didn't brake! I have seen my mate spin his MR2 in the wet at about 40 and it didn't even hit the curb on the outside of the roundabout. To skid that distance and hit a wall so hard as to kill all three occupants they must have been near the cars absolute top speed in a 30 zone!

Still thats what happens if you put 3 dumb ass 17 year old lads in a car! Of course this will now result in a speed camera being installed and decent motorists getting nicked for doing 34mph when that had nothing to do with the deaths.

I work for Lafarge Contracting, just next door to the Shell garage. What happened to those 3 lads was tragic but at the end of the day it was the drivers fault and no-one elses, no doubt the passengers were egging him on too. All three of them would still be alive now if it wasn't for their own stupity.

Totally agree with what you're saying about the speeed camera too.

EDIT: Just found out one of my colleagues nephews died in that accident:dapprove:

Clio DCi 65
lol,

the modified bonnet,

i scrubbed that off the day b4 i crashed,

Looked at the car 2day at scrappy wen i went to collect my stuff,

There wasnt too much front end damage,

Jst front left light/wheel a bit screwed and the roof had a bit of a collapse where it landed,