ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

WWDC 2011 & iOS5

Citroen DS3 DSport
Re: WWDC 2011

I've been running iOS 5 for a day now and feel a little underwhelmed by it all. During daily use not really a great deal has changed, notifications are really the only benefit so far. I'm sure it all sounded much more exciting to me on Monday.

I would have thought you'd have flown out to New Zealand by now, surely Peter Jackson is wondering where one of his cast have got to?

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)

I've been running iOS 5 for a day now and feel a little underwhelmed by it all. During daily use not really a great deal has changed, notifications are really the only benefit so far. I'm sure it all sounded much more exciting to me on Monday.

Agreed. But the things i wanted have happened.

MaLicE

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Lazy v8

anyone wanna hook me up with a dev account and a download?

330i, Alfa 147 & SP1

Impressed so far, love all my favourites bouncing from iPhone to iPad etc.

Only thing getting me and it's probably annoyingly obvious is........
My pc contacts all all on iPhone which is great as per usual, how to I get these onto the cloud so they'll jump over to the iPad? Am I royally screwed being on xp

330i, Alfa 147 & SP1

Have you got contact syncing turned on, on both devices? Mine's transferred my contacts across.

Yep, everything but notes and emails is turned all. Everything bar contacts is moving about it seems. Wasn't sure if because my pc is running xp which apparently cloud won't be supporting that it stops them moving across?

I might try deleting the cloud account and starting over again, see if it gives it a kick up the arse.

330i, Alfa 147 & SP1

Amazingly sorted. Before deleting accounts I thought I'd try again

Turned contacts off on both devices and selected delete from device. Turn iPhone contacts on and gave it a minute. Turn iPad contacts on and bang straight on there!

Lovely stuff, amazed how well imessages work. Wallpapers and widgets seem to be the only bugs for me currently.

Citroen DS3 DSport

I've restored back to iOS 4.3.3 for now. iOS 5 drains my iPhone 4 battery quickly and is a bit sluggish.

Tesla MP3 2021

It is a battery killer but most are saying that should get fixed in Beta 2

330i, Alfa 147 & SP1

Was just coming to post this. It's not too bad on iPhone 5 but it's spanking my iPad silly!

Bus w**ker

Did you find it in a pub Tom or was it under someone's bed, along with six PS4s and a couple 720s?

They support Windows on their own machines. In fact they wrote Windows drivers for their own hardware on those machines. Not really a big deal surely? It makes sense to use third party software wherever they feel it's viable. At the end of the day Microsoft didn't write iCloud so it's only a big deal to anti-Apple fanboys.

RB One Eight Two

Are people getting iOS5 on the Dev accounts free? As don't you have to pay...?

Tesla MP3 2021

Just buy a slot from eBay, plenty of people with Dev accounts selling their slots for a few quid.

RB One Eight Two

Just buy a slot from eBay, plenty of people with Dev accounts selling their slots for a few quid.

I would, but don't have a clue what to do afterwards lol.