ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

www.fastchip.nl - RSTuner Review

Greeny.

ClioSport Club Member
  440i + 182
And lastly, I'm assuming that this stuff only lets you load in pre made maps, you can't tweak them yourself? :)

Not at the moment, but Henk has told me in future RSTuner software releases this will be possible.

172 cup
With all due respect mate ive met Henk.
He was live mapping bbtunings turbo at bedford using the stock ecu alone.

He aint bad at what he does and he has a killer handshake.

Henk FTW.

Tom, read my posts.

Of course he knows what hes doing.

My point has been missed completely. I dont see the point in this product over a PROPER map.

Your point has been missed because no one has even said its better than a proper map, also by a proper map do you mean as i have said earlier a K-tec map on the exchange basis because i don't see how that is any different at all.

Or do you mean a live map? which not many places seem to do anymore

i mean getting your car mapped specifically, to gain the maximum horsepower and torque available from your car.

Isnt that the idea of a remap?

ChrisR

ClioSport Club Member
Someone RR their car, use this product and then get a RR.

Then ill shut up.

I've had mine rr'd twice on standard map, I'll be buying this today and once it's all loaded up and I'm happy I'll make the 300 odd mile round trip to powerstation and get it done again. More for me though as I'd want to know how it had improved :)

And if it hasn't, standard map goes back on, I flog the kit, I'll have not really lost out.

I'd have to get the RR done at PS as the others were done there to make it a far comparison.

The car is mostly standard with a SS cat back exhaust and modded inlets.

Last edited:

Greeny.

ClioSport Club Member
  440i + 182
Russ what Cup is saying is Ktec sell a group n remap on a exchange basis for £250 quid which is obviously a generic map, where as this kit does the same thing but for under half the cost.

No one is doubting that a live map will probably bring back better results but thats triple the cost? Also as ive said already less likely to make as much difference on a mildly modded engine over a off the shelf generic map.

Greeny.

ClioSport Club Member
  440i + 182
On a lighter note, if anyone has any questions about the install of the software/VCI Usb driver/Uploading & downloading Maps etc on your laptop drop me a pm.

Last edited:
  172DD Cup
the map coupled with the ability to diagnose faults is a bargain for £100. what do car manufacturers charge nowadays just to plug in their diagnostic equipment? £40+VAT?

bear in mind no two cars are the same- one 1*2 will respond differently to another 1*2 with the same map, hence why live mapping is better. even if henk had spent 100yrs mapping cars, using someone elses map on your car wont have the same effect.

but with only mild mods, this sounds like a great piece of equipment- i dont think live maps are £150+ better.

is the ECU flash based memory or is it an EPROM (sp?). mobile phones use EPROM memory and ive heard they can only take a certain number of flashing before the EPROM starts to burn up and becomes useless. i'm sure ECUs would be more resilient but just a thought if you intend on flashing your ECU more than a couple of times...

FF-Cupped 182 '05
Ignoring the slagging match above..

Here's another happy customer of the RSTuner kit I have since yesterday.
As said before, you can do various things i.e. save/writing ECU maps, view live data in graphic form and as a list (which also registers the minimum and maximum values of the run), log data (which you can read later), actuator testing.
All that for €155 :D .

But even if you only could upload the generic Group N map, then it's still far cheaper then the alternatives.

The option of writing your ECU is limited to 1 car though, so no use in buying 1 kit and trying to update the ECU of all your mates ;) .

Thinking about putting a carPC and a touchscreen in the car, makes it easier then dragging your notebook.

172 cup
At the end of the day Russ doesn’t know what he is on about, he nearly facking set my car on fire due to him meddling with it, his knowledge is extremely poor for a self confessed 'tuner'

Still waiting for my money Russ

Im reporting you to the Mods Dan.

You have just joined in August, i have never dealt with you EVER,

I DONT tune cars, we are a retailer so saying i set your car on fire is laughable.

And PM'ing me threatening to kick my head is taking it too far.

Well done

Agree with all that, what he is saying for starters has nothing to do with the thread and saying all that on a forum aint going to help anyone is it really.

Greeny.

ClioSport Club Member
  440i + 182
Ignoring the slagging match above..

Here's another happy customer of the RSTuner kit I have since yesterday.
As said before, you can do various things i.e. save/writing ECU maps, view live data in graphic form and as a list (which also registers the minimum and maximum values of the run), log data (which you can read later), actuator testing.
All that for €155 :D .

But even if you only could upload the generic Group N map, then it's still far cheaper then the alternatives.

The option of writing your ECU is limited to 1 car though, so no use in buying 1 kit and trying to update the ECU of all your mates ;) .

Thinking about putting a carPC and a touchscreen in the car, makes it easier then dragging your notebook.

Thats a good idea!! Would be helpful with the livelogs up :)

172 Cup
I am going to order this kit but just got 2 questions: -

1. Was delivery on top of 155 euros?
2. Did you have to pay import tax?

cheers
dez

I think all you remappers are worried your going to lose your business ;). To be honest with you i cant see why this would be any different to what you guys do AND for half the price you have a piece of software you can do other peoples cars get fault codes etc (you could probably make your money back quite easliy).. i would definately do this over than going to a garage. 250 quid plus VAT or whatever is far to much for someone to plug a computer in for 10 mins! Think of the money there making from everyone!!!

Greeny.

ClioSport Club Member
  440i + 182
I think mine came to 175 euros delivered Dez and according to the site:

"Price per Unit (piece): €155,00 (including 19 % tax)"

Greeny.

ClioSport Club Member
  440i + 182
Russ and Dan can you carry this on out of my thread please as it isnt anything to do with my review of the RSTuner kit! :)

Cheers! :x

Clio 182 Trophy 047/500
I have been looking at this set up for a few months, from my understanding of it, this is pretty much what BB Tuning were supply, as Henk was one of the guys who supplied the software for the remaps.

The main reason why the likes of BB Tuning where charging a lot more is down the the licensing of the product, as they were remapping more than one kit, they had the have a fully licensed product unklike the consumer product RS Tuner are suppling.

I think for the money this is an awsome bit of kit, granted you wont get the full potential out of the car, unlike a fully live mapped session, but for the DIY Modded this is one bit of kit that is worth the money.

I am more than likely going to put my money where my mouth is a purchase this, only issue I have is that I have already had the Inlet matched so will be speaking to them to see wheter they are able to supply a slighty different map, similar to the ones supplied by BB, which were designed for the inlet mod amongst a few other tweeks.

Greeny.

ClioSport Club Member
  440i + 182
I would have thought Henk will be able to help you out Steve.

info@fastchip.nl

I think he is out of the office today as I havnt had a reply from him and hes normally quick at responding.

ph1 172...a red one
This thread looks very interesting, as I for one will only ever have an aftermarket exhaust, so this map looks ideal for me.

Greeny.

ClioSport Club Member
  440i + 182
Thats all I have nockmeister be it a rubbish custom one, and a panel filter. Works a treat :)

VaVa
A custom live map will set you back £500.

Any other 'remaps' offered are merely 'tweaked' generic maps and cost £250+. This is the same thing, with your GrpN file tweaked by FastChip (plus diagnostics and data reading) for around £100.

There is nothing wrong with generic maps.

What do you think the car comes with from the factory?

Clio 182 Trophy 047/500

info@fastchip.nl

I think he is out of the office today as I havnt had a reply from him and hes normally quick at responding.

When I spoke to BB about the ECU around 12 months back, they said that the set up had been done off their 182 which had a decat, straight through system, Inlet manifold mod and a panel filter, IIRC the ECU allowed the revs to rise to aroudn 8.5k and increased BHP by approx 6bhp.

When I took their car out it felt alot smoother across the rev range, and the Cam kicked in slight earlier around 4/4.5k, at the top end the car still kept pulling, but i put that down to all the mods fitted not just the ECU.

FF-Cupped 182 '05
Turbo kit anyone:

http://www.mbcarperformance.nl/cata...d6215&osCsid=78b052576ae8fbf7a2ecc965d894e267

Fastchips also did the mapping for the above kit :)

Also:
http://www.cliosport.net/forum/showthread.php?t=258994&page=3

info@fastchip.nl

Based on your logfiles, he is able to make adjustments to the map accordingly.

Greeny.

ClioSport Club Member
  440i + 182
I sent my logs to Henk, as my car is basicly standard nothing needed to be adjusted.

FF-Cupped 182 '05
Greeny; regarding the carPC, if you have some €1400 lying around,
this is nice:

S3_komplett.jpg

1 din format PC including motorized touchscreen.

CJ

Blue ph1 172
Someone RR their car, use this product and then get a RR.

Then ill shut up.

I've had mine rr'd twice on standard map, I'll be buying this today and once it's all loaded up and I'm happy I'll make the 300 odd mile round trip to powerstation and get it done again. More for me though as I'd want to know how it had improved :)

And if it hasn't, standard map goes back on, I flog the kit, I'll have not really lost out.

I'd have to get the RR done at PS as the others were done there to make it a far comparison.

The car is mostly standard with a SS cat back exhaust and modded inlets.

Let me know how this goes mate. I have a ph1 with the same mods as you so would be interested in what it's like.

ChrisR

ClioSport Club Member
Well I think I'm going to bite the bullet and order it in a second, turning out to be an expensive month.

RS4 480hp,STI 420hp,ELISE
I don't doubt Henk's experience, as I had a good file from him.
I only doubt one other thing. I think it's similar to the KWP 2000 tool. Only problem with that tool is that many ecu's have been damaged due to this tool. How about the RS tuner?? Will it be safe?? I am sure Henk will not be responsible for damage to your ecu. The original RS tuner was sold for 1000 euro and in the manual you could read Fastchip was not responsible for the damage caused by this

Clio 172 Cup
Of course hes going to make money on top of cost price, thats how business's work isnt it?

How much do Rs Tuning etc make on top of their remap price? Probably alot more as its only using a few minutes of their time and they would have bought the kit to do it outright.

I can see where your coming from Russ but this kit I think is a cheaper alternative to a £250 remap. Granted its basicly a generic map but thats obvious!

PLUS! With this you can backup your old ECU config/fault manage and like ive said before in future software releases ECU map editing will be available.

when can we remap our selves for all different mods and injector sizes and stuff

have been damaged due to this tool. How about the RS tuner
No problems have been reported so far. As long as you keep your laptop powered during reprogramming there won't be a problem. In case there is, you can always start over again.

Trophy #267
not sure end user map editing is a good thing tbh. At least the tuners have a slight incling as to what they are doing but can see the thread now 'Set my rev limit to 14250 and something went pop' by numerous ppl.

Henk re this kit. I assume the sw just reads and writes maps along with sensors etc. You tweak the map and adjust the csum's accordingly and then return them to the end user ?

RB 182 & Lotus Evora
are there any advantages to having this kit in terms of power? ive asked Henk for estimated bhp/torque increase but have been given words along the lines of depends on the car etc....might sound to me like a good peice of kit but with no proven results from a RR or any claims of said increase...is it really worth 100 quid plus? might as well get a decat or something if its going to give the same gains.