ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

X and Y reg 172 drivers

S2000
Question for you..

What mileages do you have on your cars and are the seats, gear knob, and steering wheel all worn out?

Been to look at two yesterday which were both pretty much knackered and one today which only had 33k on it but these 3 things were still pretty worn out. Seat wasn't as bad on this one but was still worn on the bottom of the back section.

Don't know how these people manage it, when we sold our old 172's they had 53k and 68k on and there was nothing wrong with them at all. Although that was 3 and 4 years ago so the age was less even though the mileage was higher.

Trophy #473
my car has 66k, bough on 52k, stering wheel was worn to buggery but the previous owner was a woman, rings can really easily take chunks out of the rubber, seats are perfect, few wrinks on the side bolster starting to show. alcantara/suede is perfect aswell.

gear nob, is perfect too

mine's a march 2001 Y reg Ph1... one of the last. 58,000 miles.

Gear Knob: Looks brand new
Seats: leather is starting to crack on drivers side bolster, alcantara is fine. All other seats look brand new.
Steering Wheel: Fair amount of wear around the sides, goes like putty when its either really warm, or damp outside and wears off.

mines a W plate on 40k,

slight wear on drivers seat bolster (mostly cracking of leather)
Steering wheel has a fair amount of scratches marked onto it.
Gear knob is perfect.

Why did they make the steering wheel out of a material that feels and like putty?

Elise,Pum,WRX,MCS,R6
x-reg 29,000.

Seats: good condition, but i could start to notice very slighty where it will start looking worned out.on the side,the leather support area.

Steering wheel: slowly starting to wear at places.just about notice it tho.

My seats and steering wheel are immaculate. not a mark on the seats. The car is a W reg with 37k on the clock, the seats are like new.
All depends weather previous owners wore rings etc
Check mine out.
http://rides.webshots.com/photo/2558484920093358678QGqJLL

that steering wheel isnt a Ph1 172 steering wheel, which is why its immaculate. Its a wheel out of an Rsi, which most 172 owners spend a lifetime trying to source as a replacement lol

the 172 wheels use alcantara around the edge, not leather... meaning it becomes like a putty over years and just crumbles away.

2001 Ph1 172
Shock shock horror! my steeering wheel is well warn with 50k on the clock. all the rest is fine

182 FF
My seats and steering wheel are immaculate. not a mark on the seats. The car is a W reg with 37k on the clock, the seats are like new.
Check mine out.

that steering wheel isnt a Ph1 172 steering wheel, which is why its immaculate. Its a wheel out of an Rsi, which most 172 owners spend a lifetime trying to source as a replacement lol

the 172 wheels use alcantara around the edge, not leather... meaning it becomes like a putty over years and just crumbles away.
Wel i never knew that. aare you sure, anyone got any more pics of originals then

Car SOLD :-(
bought mine with 36.5k on the clock and........ steering wheel fooked!:mad:

Gibson & Boyne here I come

CJ

Blue ph1 172
X reg, 80k miles, gear knob and seats are fine, steering wheel is absolutely knackered.

Wel i never knew that. aare you sure, anyone got any more pics of originals then

yes, im positive thats not a 172 steering wheel.

this is a brand new original one:

steeringwheel.jpg

sold on ebay last week for £109

Clart

ClioSport Club Member
mines an x, done 72k, steering wheel and gear nob is fine. pedals are a bit worn though

S2000

yep, i was gonna say the same.

Thanks for the info so far everyone, seems the steering wheel is going to have to be expected then.

the drivers side silver window switch panel usually gets scratched badly too... its the rubberised laquer that renault use.

Chocolate Bar™
mines got 55k, seats are pretty mint, steering wheel was buggered and switch surrounds were ok, but had seen better days

Scirocco GT 210
Mine's a 2000 X reg, done 52k miles.

Gear knob is in perfect condition looks new, seats are pretty good, although the alcantara on the drivers seats is a little worn, leather seems fine. The steering wheel is in quite a state :dapprove: And the silver drivers side switch surround isn't perfect, the rubber laquer is peeling a little.

Clio 197
steering wheel is the most worst things in the mk1 172 & the mk2 RSi full blue leather is the best one, I got two spare ;)

I got spare full 172 interior parts in mint & ready to put in when I get mk1 172 soon :)

VW Golf TDI
i had a 03 reg and my alcantra was well worn on my seats gone abit bobbly, steering wheel was worn too but it had done 70 k

172 Ph1/Scooby MY00
X reg, 64k and everything inside is just fine - even the pedals are shiney now after applying some metal polish and a bit of rubbing. I reckon the shocks and springs might be having a mid-life moment though.

Cheers, Rob669

R26r R26
W reg 51000 miles.Steering wheel fooked.Everything else ok.Replaced window switch trims a couple of months ago as they looked like they were covered in dead skin.

audi a6 3.0tdi
i've got a y reg the steering wheel is a mess and the side of the drivers seat is a little bit cracked but apart from that the rest of the interior is fine. mileage has just passed 50k

Lots of Alfas
Mines on 62k the gear nob, pedals and seats are fine but the wheel and grab handles are worn, the wheel more so because the previous owner used a heavy duty wheel lock.

I think to be honest they are just the usual renault shite.

However I'd rather have a worn wheel than a melted one ;)

RenaultSport clio 172 mk2
i got my y reg one with 56k on the clock, grab handles were a bit manky and so was the steering wheel, gear knob was fine and the seats were great!

oh well, steering wheel seems to be something we would have to live with then, others not so common it seems, but all 3 we looked at were bad :S

172 ph1
Check mine out.

Looks like a 172 exclusive wheel, maybe this is the same as an RSi wheel?

Anyway, my wheel is rough now and is the same type as in the pic. Everything else OK. 70k. Wheel started to go at 60k

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
sold mine with 40k on it, seats perfect, gearknob and pedals perfect, dpoorcards perfect, steering wheel battered to fcuk!

ChrisR

ClioSport Club Member
65k and grab handles look manky and wheel is a little worn, looks like it's melted at the bottom in places!