ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Xbox 360, HD VGA?

Turbo'd MX-5 MK4
would running a VGA cable setup instead of the std component provide a better image on my HDTV?

mk2 172
yes in this months 360 oxm magazine there is a group cable test and the vga comes out the best, apparently with this cable it opens up more resolutions to choose from. i have it using the componet and i cant belive it can be much better but i dont have a trained eye as far as screen detail goes

Revels Mum & Sister
Component tends to be more Vibrant and VGA althought sharper seems washed out slightly.

However take not of what the Native Resolution of your Panel is, as anything above this will just be scaled and IMO you are best of sticking with a Res lower or the same as the Native res

Turbo'd MX-5 MK4
i'm currently running at 720p with it through components, the tv will do 1080i also, but reading the details about the VGA cable it says it runs at 720p, so surely there would be no point in getting one?

mk2 172
from the mag, slightly shortened..

"make no mistake, the 360 vga cable is the man for you. vga is by far and away the best xbox 360 connection avaiable, its also the cleanest output available, with red, green and blue each on there own discreet channel, along with two synchronisation signals to keep the picture clear and rock solid. plugging in the vga cable provides a wealth of resolutions to choose from, the most useful being 848x480,1280x768 and 1360x768. these cater for the majority of tv's."