ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Xbox one Hard drive

Hey guys i know on the 360 you could hook up and use the usb ports for a external memory unit but does that apply for the xbox one?
The 500gig drive is just too small so thinking of getting a bit external hard drive to hook up to it is there any requirements that i'd need or does it even work?

SharkyUK

ClioSport Club Member
Yeah, just buy yourself a decent mechanical USB3.0 hard drive and plug it in. No point in SSD's or hybrids as they will just cost you more for no appreciable benefits on this case.

Marc.

ClioSport Club Member
Will keep my eye on this thread, as I'm going to be buying an external HD for my Xbone soon.

Ph 1 172
Yeah I have a 1tb external hard drive plugged into my Xbox one... As long as it's 3.0 or more it's fine to use.... Think mine coat £50 filled it with loads of games already though so I'd well advise getting the 2tb

yeah they eat up memory fast when i first got my xbox i thoguht 500Gig wow ill never fill that, a few games later its fullup so I'm thinking in this case bigger is better, would there be any extended loading times/lag when it's loading a file from a external hard drive?

SharkyUK

ClioSport Club Member
...would there be any extended loading times/lag when it's loading a file from a external hard drive?
No different to the integral drive mate. In fact, and somewhat strangely, a few people have even experienced slightly improved performance from their external drives. Either way, it will be marginal and very much a non-issue.