ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Xbox Series X|S - OFFICIAL News!

Honda. Tesla Someday
Last edited:

RSRowe

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 197
It’s due for delivery between 7 and 8. Just a shame I won’t be playing it all day as I’ve got 2 uni assignments which need finishing and handing in for tomorrow.:cry:

Great that Xbox are now allowing you to predownload games on the app too! Took me nearly 2 days of WiFi downloading Cold War. But I’ve learnt that lesson now and gone cabled.

-Jamie-

ClioSport Club Member
About 10 hours into cyberpunk now, It's frozen a few times, had one crash back to the dashboard and had the odd bug with traffic, people appearing/disappearing into thin air

Not bad going by what some of the Internet will have you beleive but I guess the older consoles will be struggling a lot more with it

Honda. Tesla Someday
The Game Awards just showed Microsoft Flight Simulator running in 4K on the Xbox Series X.

Everyone... wow... it looks INSANE!!!! I am so damn excited!

Oh and I forgot to say... PERFECT DARK has also been announced for Xbox - coming to GamePass on Day One!! Man this has been a very good night for gaming. Absolutely awesome!!

Honda. Tesla Someday
Microsoft Flight Simulator - Captured in 4K on the Series X:

Perfect Dark Trailer!!!

Master Chief is coming to Fortnite!! Also - Red vs Blue Spartans are there too, AND they are adding BLOOD GULCH to Fortnite with Capture the Flag!! Pretty damn cool lol!!

Adamm.

ClioSport Club Member
Lol some people have been speculating Halo to have a BR mode even though the developer says no afaik so that'll keep them happy.

Chris V6 255

ClioSport Club Member
  V6 255, 182 Trophy
Master Chief is coming to Fortnite!! Also - Red vs Blue Spartans are there too, AND they are adding BLOOD GULCH to Fortnite with Capture the Flag!! Pretty damn cool lol!!

Way more excited than I should be about this [emoji23]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Chris V6 255

ClioSport Club Member
  V6 255, 182 Trophy
MS flight simulator looks stunning!
I’m going to be spending way too much time on that!

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Picked up Cyberpunk for stadia. For another free ultra cast. Runs perfect really, will update with more hours.

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Ms flight, what’s the map? The world? Or has it just chosen popular places?

.Simon

ClioSport Club Member
  Audi
So .. I want to upgrade my XBOX. I'm not a serious gamer and will just play the latest COD until I get bored and maybe a few other odd games throughout the year.

I would love to play things in 4K but I don't think my TV would support true 4K gaming at the moment, I will be upgrading my TV in the near future though when I move ouse.

Now, the question is - do I buy the Series S which I can get today or do I hold out for the Series X in a few months time? Am i going to notice any difference playing the current version of COD on the series S for example?

Honda. Tesla Someday
Genuinely surprised at some stuff being said about the Series S on here. It’s not a huge step up? Why? Because it’s not a 4K console?

The Series S is a 1080p/1440p beast of a machine, especially for the price. It wipes the floor with last gen. If you have no interest in 4K gaming, the S is a great machine.

However if you want all the bells and whistles, 4K etc, then the Series X is certainly worth every penny.

Both machines are very very capable.

Philip.

ClioSport Club Member
  VRS 245
Got my Series X a few weeks ago and been LOVING IT. After months of failing on restocks I got lucky on Very.

Just downloading the AC:Valhalla update, sounds ace. Started it on my Launch Edition One and finished the story on my Series X.
What a game!

RSRowe

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 197
I haven't touched mine for weeks having downloaded Warzone on my University Laptop (stupid mistake).
I need a new game to excite me I think.

-Jamie-

ClioSport Club Member
Got my Series X a few weeks ago and been LOVING IT. After months of failing on restocks I got lucky on Very.

Just downloading the AC:Valhalla update, sounds ace. Started it on my Launch Edition One and finished the story on my Series X.
What a game!
I found my copy in a drawer a couple days ago, been there since December unbeknown to me lol

Mega game, put about 25hours in 3 days lol

SharkyUK

ClioSport Club Member
I downloaded (GamePass), and played through, The Medium over the weekend. I have to confess that I actually enjoyed it, despite not having high expectations for it initially. I found the story reasonably interesting (if somewhat cliched and predictable given the horror-survival genre) and the gameplay felt reminiscent of Silent Hill, Alone in the Dark and Resident Evil. It's certainly clunky in places and there's a fair bit of repetition (run away from X, find the key / lever for Y) but it managed to keep me entertained.

I did experience a fair bit of graphical corruption at times, although not to the point whereby the system crashed. I'm not sure if this is a bug with the game due to it's incredibly taxing requirements, or if may have a mildly defective Xbox Series X. The 'split' nature of the game (along with ray tracing) means it is effectively doubling the rendering costs when in 'split' mode.

EDIT: Graphics corruption is a known issue, not my Xbox unit. Phew.

Chris V6 255

ClioSport Club Member
  V6 255, 182 Trophy
Been looking at getting a new headset, just seen these that look pretty cool.

RSRowe

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 197
They do look smart. I’ve been thinking of getting a fresh set for a while, but my turtle beach’s still work perfectly.