ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Xbox Series X|S - OFFICIAL News!

Daz...

ClioSport Club Member
  Inferno 182 Cup
FFS! I'll have to go back and rewrite my business plan if I want the Series X. She'll want a full justification of the cost versus benefit analysis.

The S doesn’t have a disc drive and the X does, so you can buy and sell games for the X - thus saving money in the long run.

Stick that in your spreadsheet.

Ben

ClioSport Club Member
lol, if I put in my plan that you actually have to pay for games as well as pay £449 for the consoles she would probably get her mates in to sit on an independent committee to review it!
I got my Series X on the 2 year subscription deal with Gamepass included, told her it was £19.99 a month and I can play any game I want. She said that sounded like a good deal 😂

Rich-D

ClioSport Club Member
  E90 LCI 330d
Afternoon, stupid question I expect but I think I've finally been given permission to spend money I earn on myself so was going to get a new Xbox finally.

I have been reading some stuff and it keeps mentioning games that are Series X exclusive. Does this mean that they won't work on the Series S?

They will... but you will not get the same experience, to play those games on the Series S you end up with lower resolution and/or lower frame rate, no ray tracing, etc, plus the lack of an optical drive and smaller internal storage means that you really need a Series X.

Rich-D

ClioSport Club Member
  E90 LCI 330d
The S doesn’t have a disc drive and the X does, so you can buy and sell games for the X - thus saving money in the long run.

Stick that in your spreadsheet.
Plus you'll need to buy a storage expansion card, so factor that in and the X is a no brainer.

Clio
I sort of mumbled the Series X would be more sensible to buy and its £449.

I'm sure she'll need to go out with her mates now for a pamper and prosseco day that will probably cost £500 to get over me thinking its OK to just waste money.

We are back to the what's wrong with the one you have line. Pretty sure ray tracing, frame rate and resolution isn't going to sway it.

Daz...

ClioSport Club Member
  Inferno 182 Cup
They’re stopping making games for the one you have, at least they will at some point soon.

Clio
They’re stopping making games for the one you have, at least they will at some point soon.
Whats wrong with the games you got will be her answer.

She honestly is totally anti gaming. Ever since our 14 year old daughter started playing Fortnite and now Apex and whenever she asks her anything she replies "Hang on I'm n a game". Then when she asks me to sort her out I just reply "Let her finish her game" lol

Jonnio

ClioSport Club Member
  Punto HGT Abarth

She honestly is totally anti gaming. Ever since our 14 year old daughter started playing Fortnite and now Apex and whenever she asks her anything she replies "Hang on I'm n a game". Then when she asks me to sort her out I just reply "Let her finish her game" lol

Get her a Switch.

200.gif

Daz...

ClioSport Club Member
  Inferno 182 Cup

Just go with what @Jonnio suggested at this point.

Either that or book her a spa weekend and have the new Xbox ready for when she leaves.

Rich-D

ClioSport Club Member
  E90 LCI 330d
I sort of mumbled the Series X would be more sensible to buy and its £449.

I'm sure she'll need to go out with her mates now for a pamper and prosseco day that will probably cost £500 to get over me thinking its OK to just waste money.

We are back to the what's wrong with the one you have line. Pretty sure ray tracing, frame rate and resolution isn't going to sway it.
Sounds like you need the MTFU :ROFLMAO: