ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Yay, I got one... (172 that is..)

Hopefully a Clio 172 soon
http://www.pistonheads.com/sales/77212.htm

Bought this on saturday and spent the weekend ragging it round and then back home again monday night (after a bike trackday at Snett on monday)

It's great fun!!!

I think the clutch will need changing soon, any idea how much I'm going to get stung for that ?

How come I never got one of these things years ago ????

Oh, and all it seems to need now is another 10-20bhp. Any tips ?

Gus

ClioSport Moderator
  182Turbo,DCi90
Looks great ! good price too.

Only thing i picked up on was this bit
"Details
-The obligatory belts have been changed"

I suspect this doesnt include the cambelt which is needed after 5 years or 72k . This can be costly to do and will cost you round about £500 including the 72k service.

Renaultsport 220T
Day said:
Good choice my friend :cool:

You'll probably never see another black one on the road again!

Unless you live in Soton! Hehe.

Look's wicked mate.

There are a few ways to gain 10-20bhp.

Best bet is to use the search function on the site.
Maxogen/chip/exhaust etc...

Worth spending a fiver and becoming a member, as well.

:D

Here's a pic of mine to go back on topic ;)

DSC00455-Resized600.jpg

Glad you are enjoying the car Gary, Hope you treat her well. :) Needs washing at least once a week. Didn't think i'd miss her as much as I do.

Nice to meet you by the way, and hope the espace was alright.

Rob

172 Ph1/Scooby MY00
Lovely car, mines silver and the same Mk1 model. Best performance gain comes by getting more air into the engine. So filter and inlet manifold needs some improvement - better exhaust also helps. Pay £5 to join the club and you'll learn loads more and probably save time and money on repairs.

Cheers, Rob669