ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Yellow + brown stuff on oil cap??

My first post on here in a while, back with another issue! I went to check my oil last week and for some reason I decided to take of the oil cap, when I did I seen this yellowy brown substance. I took it to a garage to have it checked and I got told 2 different things! Either

1)My head gaskets gone

2) Blocked breather pipe

The man who works at the garage asked me loads of questions regarding my head gasket, to which I answered no to all of them, including there is no constant stream of smoke (any color coming from my exhaust!

Anyone know what the problem could be? I have attached 6 images! I also have the car booked into renault tomorrow for the free health check, just to make sure everything else is in order, thanks a lot :D

206582_10200120754010052_347621995_n.jpg

vq0d41.jpg

qyi7gl.jpg

309n82c.jpg

ftdoqa.jpg

mk 2 clio
I've heard that if anything like that's us the head. Or somehow water getting into it somewhere else. So it not good. But I'm not very mechanical so don't take my word for it. It's only what I been told by several people.

Clio 197
How does it drive ? Pull ok ?

What type of journeys is it used on?

If it drives fine and is used on short low mileage journeys, that 'could' be the issue as the engine will struggle to get up to full operating temperature. However that's quite alot of sludge so may not fully explain it.

How does it drive ? Pull ok ?

What type of journeys is it used on?

If it drives fine and is used on short low mileage journeys, that 'could' be the issue as the engine will struggle to get up to full operating temperature. However that's quite alot of sludge so may not fully explain it.

It drives fine, pulls fine, no noises, no squeaks, nothing! Its used on small journeys but the engine always gets up to temp, holds the temp just fine, doesn't over heat, not a thing wrong? I have no idea what could cause this, although its last service was at 73,000 miles I think (Iv had the car a year) and it's just hit 100,000 (as I have been up and down the country a few times) so maybe new oil +filter and a engine flush (coolant) may solve the problem? I did clean it out last week and this is what has returned, after 1 week :\

Clio 1.2 16v Extreme
It drives fine, pulls fine, no noises, no squeaks, nothing! Its used on small journeys but the engine always gets up to temp, holds the temp just fine, doesn't over heat, not a thing wrong? I have no idea what could cause this, although its last service was at 73,000 miles I think (Iv had the car a year) and it's just hit 100,000 (as I have been up and down the country a few times) so maybe new oil +filter and a engine flush (coolant) may solve the problem? I did clean it out last week and this is what has returned, after 1 week :\

This is normal for the D4F engine. The filler neck is a kak design allowing condensation to build up.

This is normal for the D4F engine. The filler neck is a kak design allowing condensation to build up.

I see, would you still advise an engine flush + oil change or is there no need for it, if it's just going to keep happening? Just want to be triple sure my gaskets not on it's way out, then again I have no smoke from the backbox

Renault Clio 182
Take it for a good long drive, when was the oil changed last?

*Just make sure at full working temp there is no steam coming from the exhaust

You've not serviced it in 27,000 miles?

well I have only had the car a year, I just haven't got round to it with work and other things, extremely over due. It's in the dealers at 1.30 today ill see what comes back and ill give it a service as I have some free time

service done! The dealer told me that it's just condensation due to the weather (probably due to the crap design someone mentioned above) , and that after my check they told me my head gasket was fine, as he put it "head gaskets rarely go on renaults". Thanks everyone