ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

yet another crash

Monaco 172 + mk1 RSi
was driving last night going to my mates and my back end slid out and hit a round about which snapped my hub clean off and sent me sliding into a curb and a bollard, worst thing is i havent got my baby home yet but fears are the chassis is twisted as it was quite a bang and also drivers door is bent and the cill is also dented inwards but there is no visible damage from inside bt i faer its deffo a write off im just glad no body else was involved.
i know it doesnt sound bad but seen as i am still at collage i aint go the money to fix it so i might be getting the bus for some while...

Scirocco GT 2.0
Not good.

Were you speeding and trying to drift your lil clio round the round-a-bout or being completely sensible?? :rolleyes:

Sunflower & Golf Mk6 BMT
Thats what happens when you go too fast round a corner, perhaps a bit of lift off over steer?

Sorry to hear about it, hope you get it fixed thou mate.

Monaco 172 + mk1 RSi
thanks all and yeah im fully comp but its not worth loosing my no claims and i will have pics soon but my pc has broke so my friend will have to put them on for me, and i think its history tbh the cill is kinked and split, rear beam puseshed over and everything with it e.g bushes and all drivers door not a big fix i can get one for £20 but it all looks bad together and god knows what else i have had a quick look and the exhaust has snapped and the back brakes on the drivers side are no longer existant so all the brakes need bleeding also, looks like im getting the bus to collage tomorow lol...

jamie

Golf GTI PP Mk7
ouch! lesson learned the hard way tbh mate. glad ur ok tho.

tbh id claim, thats why u pay ur insurance, get a good payout on the car and buy a new/slightly cheaper one.

Monaco 172 + mk1 RSi
i would love to go through the insurance mate but my premium was alredy £2200 and next year i want it to go down not up lol

jamie

Monaco 172 + mk1 RSi
its only a 1.2 mate and im gonna try fix it, hopefully its just subframe thing, drivers door and hopefully some minor repairs on the cill

jamie

audi a6 3.0tdi
I've still got some bits sat around got a drivers door, the rear subframes still on but it is the sport one with rear disks so it may need you to change to sports rear dampers.

Monaco 172 + mk1 RSi
cheers for the offer W17GLE but the sport stuff may turn into more hassle lol i am getting a door tomorow for £20 and there arer also 3 subframes to choose from but i just need to get them off in the scrappy and get them home and fit them which i have never done before lol so that should be fun lol also the chassis may be damaged so i dont know weather its worth taking my subframe off first and make sure its worth getting a new one

jamie

ALSO if it was unrepairable have i lost my 2200 insurance or if i cancel it and pay the cancelation fee would i get some back ?

thanks

audi a6 3.0tdi
you can pay a cancelation fee and get some of your money back. you will not get your years ncb though if you cancel it

id claim tbh as thats what you pay your insurence for. the premium might go up. it wont go up as much as it will come down thou. how are you paying 2200 for 1.2? mines 1018 with all mods declared, fully comp and fpft on any other car

audi a6 3.0tdi
id claim tbh as thats what you pay your insurence for. the premium might go up. it wont go up as much as it will come down thou. how are you paying 2200 for 1.2? mines 1018 with all mods declared, fully comp and fpft on any other car

You live in Wales Mate thats why. its expensive round here for insurance.

Black 172
cheers for the offer W17GLE but the sport stuff may turn into more hassle lol i am getting a door tomorow for £20 and there arer also 3 subframes to choose from but i just need to get them off in the scrappy and get them home and fit them which i have never done before lol so that should be fun lol also the chassis may be damaged so i dont know weather its worth taking my subframe off first and make sure its worth getting a new one

jamie

ALSO if it was unrepairable have i lost my 2200 insurance or if i cancel it and pay the cancelation fee would i get some back ?

thanks

£2200 for insurance? :O how old are you ?

LY V6 with Recaros
Unlucky :(

This is about the 4th post I've read today about someone crashing, not good :(