ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Yokohama AD08R's

R14 CUP
Gents,

I'm looking at getting 4 new tyres for the cup, I am swaying heavily towards AD08R's.

I'm wanting them in 205/45/16 fitment. Cheapest place I seem to be able to get them at is through my work @ £107 p/corner. Anybody seen anything cheaper??

Are they worth the premium over a normal road tyre and how much real difference is there inbetween this and a set of proper track tyre - R888 / A048 etc.

Cheers,
Jamie

gez 172

ClioSport Club Member
  Defender 110
Worth every penny, perfect tyre for 'fast road' and some track use.

work from lower temps than a dedicated track tyre (r888)

R14 CUP
Worth every penny, perfect tyre for 'fast road' and some track use.

work from lower temps than a dedicated track tyre (r888)

Yeah, that's exactly why I want them. I'm no track hero and hardly do any days, I don't use the car in bad weather so wet grip isn't a massive issue (although there meant to be pretty good)

The one thing I have with getting them through work is that I don't have to pay upfront for them, which is a big positive.

gez 172

ClioSport Club Member
  Defender 110
They get better as they wear too.

i found them brilliant at this level, shame they're complete opposite in the wet at that depth

d006bc70e02bed823964a0b7613de13a_zps85a33daa.gif

gez 172

ClioSport Club Member
  Defender 110
Wear is fine, hard side walls, should see 10K + out of them

they're a pretty tough tyre until you get heat in them, so unless your driving hard on them everyday (getting them warm and softening them) they'll be just as good wear as a road tyre

Tim.

ClioSport Club Member
Bought mine a month or so ago and can't wait to get them on the car, I've heard positive reviews but it's such a subjective thing.

I'm sure if you do go for them you won't be disappointed, and the same will be true of any decent competitor.

Focus st170
I've got them in 195/50/15 and love them they feel awesome in the dry. Could feel they were a little slippy today in the heavy rain but still good. Definitely worth the extra money over normal tyres.