ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

York RWYB today!

williamsclio.co.uk/forum

Nice one, propper job is that.

Bet it sounded like some of those V8s running on the strip.

williams and trophy

was fukkin deafening inside lol

had to stick between 3.5 n 4k revs all way home....how sh*ts that?

Polo GTi

Northy mate it was mine near the grandstand, yours looked tidy also BTW good job.

2live I didnt go to scutineering just went straight into the car park, saw you while you were checking out your times on the board, dont think you recognised me though.

Does anyone know any good Civivc Type R boards as I came across one on my way home, me 3 up and him on his own. Would love to see what he made of the encounter.

clio 20v

i ran a 13.8 at 104 on the gas

was getin w**k starts all day too so im sure a couple of tenths can be had off

was good day bit busy tho

adi

Elise/VX220/R26

how many runs you all get in then? Was it stil w**k organisation like back end of last season? Im deffo coming to the next one, Damn family weddings made me miss this un!

clio 20v

got about 4 or 5 runs i think could hav gone quicker i reckon with more time an runs we will have to see how it goes over rest of the year

happy with 13.8 tho at 104 that means its gotta have a 13 sec 0-100

adi

out of intrest roughly wat would a almost standard williams (3) run? got a devil backbox and straight throught centre section thats it

Golf GTI Ed30

Quote: Originally posted by FlamingMonkey on 13 April 2004

Northy mate it was mine near the grandstand, yours looked tidy also BTW good job.

2live I didnt go to scutineering just went straight into the car park, saw you while you were checking out your times on the board, dont think you recognised me though.

Does anyone know any good Civivc Type R boards as I came across one on my way home, me 3 up and him on his own. Would love to see what he made of the encounter.

Dont know any Civivc ones, but I know a couple of Civic sites... http://www.civictype-r.co.ukwww.civictype-r.co.uk or http://www.type-r.orgwww.type-r.org are the main two.

What colour was it and what happened... By the way it wasnt me...

williams and trophy

yes mate it was a gti6........or at least it was badged up as 1 on the back.....never looked at the front tbh, apart from wen i was 1/2 way up strip n i wasnt really lookin for the tell tale lights lol

adi 0-100 in 13 secs.........1/4 @104 in 13.8

that means a 4 mph rise in 0.8 secs .........fukkin doubt that mate

must be a 12.5-100 i reckon;)

standard wiliams..........(well mine)

absolute boggo ....cat on std zorst filter etc etc . 15.3

with de-cat/std zorst n panel filter.....14.8

with above +powerflow cat back system n avos..14.6

megane btm end willy head/box n kent cams and a blowin exhaust....14.6 (still runnin in yet tho hehe)

Polo GTi

Quote: Originally posted by Vtec Abuser on 13 April 2004

Dont know any Civivc ones, but I know a couple of Civic sites... http://www.civictype-r.co.ukwww.civictype-r.co.uk or http://www.type-r.orgwww.type-r.org are the main two.

What colour was it and what happened... By the way it wasnt me...
It was a Black one like yours which I assume was the one running up the strip.

Basically Civic came roaring up behind me on the quiet roads leading to motorway from York, we both overtook a slow moving vehicle and began belting it, I was 3 up and he was on his todd, we got up to some serious speeds, I managed to bounce my car off the rev limiter in third by concentrating too much on the civic in my mirror, by the time Id realised what was going on and changed to 4th the civic was on the wrong side of the road trying to edge past, we kept going on down a long straight bit of road and he crept passed me at a speed Id rather not disclose.

So first round to him 1-0, I then slowed down as the pace was a bit to much for the roads we were on, and I thought I would give him some stick on the corners, where I hoped I had the advantage, we kept blasting down some twisty roads where we approached a car turning left, we both slowed down to about 20ish I then thought it would be a good time to try and take him from a rolling start, stuck it in second and pulled out to overtake him, I honestly thought he would kick my ass. I imagined me pulling to overtake then him hitting VTEC, leaving me looking an ass in the middle of the road, but it didnt happen I sailed past, we then arrived at motorway after managing to keep him behind me, 1-1

I was really impressed with both cars, and Id say it was a draw, be interesting to see what the other driver thought of it, he probably wasnt trying and felt sorry for me, all the same I enjoyed it.

Cheers

Rob

williams and trophy

hehe there good roads on the way in/out arent they lol.....saw !20 down 1 of the straights pushin the corsa lol

williams and trophy

yeah.......but it keeps the adrenaline goin a bit longer dunnit lol

ive nearly come a cropper a few times on them roads..............and nearly did again on way in there on mon lol

evry time iv been i think iv been a bit close to summat, but i put that down to tryin to stay ahead/keep up with adi,craggy,paddy,or mehdi, whoever is in the usual convoy lol

20VT Clio & 9-5 HOT

on the way there i saw an mk3 silver astra take a righ hander to fast and litterally jump a massive ditch then get stuck. they fuked the front end up and has to pull it out the field!

madness!

williams and trophy

hehe, il bet it was the right hander with a kinda farm track carryin straight on .........ive seen a cossie clear that ditch an collapse in the field before now lol its a bit of a tricky 1 that lol

Nippy white cup

Lol yeah that one nearly caught Nic out with Ben (Vtec abuser) behind us! Very deceiving bend that looks like its straight on!

Chris

20VT Clio & 9-5 HOT

yeah thats the one lol. wasnt helping other cars coming round it as there were 2 more cars parked up on the side of the road just out of site.

Quote: Originally posted by 2 live on 14 April 2004

ive nearly come a cropper a few times on them roads..............and nearly did again on way in there on mon lol

evry time iv been i think iv been a bit close to summat, but i put that down to tryin to stay ahead/keep up with adi,craggy,paddy,or mehdi, whoever is in the usual convoy lol

remember the VW thing? funniest overtaking etc ever! we showed em!

Fiat Coupe 20v turbo

Sounds like I need to make the next one, anyone know the date of the next York day people are going to?

williams and trophy

Quote: Originally posted by clean16v on 14 April 2004

Quote: Originally posted by 2 live on 14 April 2004

remember the VW thing? funniest overtaking etc ever! we showed em!
lol dont think ged found it very funny.......think it was ged i had in car with me anyway........lol we shudda got that on film for def.

wot was it? bout 8/9 golfs....on a blind left hander lol.....bit nuttier than normal for me that ;)

mustve been the guy behind me pushin me too much hehe

CB1A did a 13.603 104 mph - no way ? is this possibly the quickest clio in the uk ?
Is this guy a pro racin driver or what ..... ?

williams and trophy

Quote: Originally posted by 172EATER on 16 April 2004

CB1A did a 13.603 104 mph - no way ? is this possibly the quickest clio in the uk ?
Is this guy a pro racin driver or what ..... ?
lol..;)

no mate ......he just has two big fuk off bottles of cheat lol