ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Young 172 drivers

Evo 6, E92 320d
yeah lol what you reckon?

Didn't look too bad, in dire need of paint correction to give it a much needed shine, seat hole isn't a biggy as you can either get it fixed for £30-£50 or get another seat from here. The main thing is to see if and when the belts have been done. If i get chance i may pop up that way on thursday and have a proper look and see if can can take it out.

320d
I have been saving up for a 172 for ages now, but as the times getting closer to when i'm looking to change my car (end of august) i'm thinking I cba spending so much to insure it, service it, inevitabely mod it etc.

Insurance is a lot at 19, £1700 is a good quote tbh.

Clio Sport 16v
went to have another look today and that crack on the fog looks bad chris, bit of rust inside aswell. The guy was nice enough but wouldn't budge on price, said that its got fsh and he thinks the belts have been done. no way is it worth the window price though...

Storm Grey 200
But your insured with chris knott now so how did you manage that?

lol, thats what i was thinking, anyway im going with brentacre, they are costing a little more, but i feel its worth it, after all, mods like for like, YES PLEASE.

Clio 2.0 172
performance direct told me they dont insure drivers on clio sports unless they have had past experiance with a performance car.

and i refuse to believe you pay 1400 on an RS at 18.
Sorry :eek:

I pay £1500 a year fully comp at 18 with 1 year's no claims,my own policy with admiral,so beleive it ;)

clio sport 172
i pay £3000 at 18 and I only passed my test in october and thats on a 53 plate ff but i dint have t pay for the car so i can now pay for insurence :p

TTRS & V50
When i took my insurance out 9 months ago i was 20, 3 years driving, 1 yncb and it was 1k fully comp on a 172.

When i come to renew in 3 months hopefully ill have 2 yncb 4 years driving and ill be 21, im hoping it to be well under 800 fc.

RS 172+
i pay £3000 at 18 and I only passed my test in october and thats on a 53 plate ff but i dint have t pay for the car so i can now pay for insurence :p
Shiver me' timbers! :eek:

Now THAT'S devotion to RS!

I pay £1500 a year fully comp at 18 with 1 year's no claims,my own policy with admiral,so beleive it ;)
how? i just tried with age as 18 with 1 years no claims with a 172 and it came up with 6500!
i even tried my details on a 600 quid 1.0 Corsa and it is 6 grand lol.

what companies did you lot use when you were 17? im havin major problems with insurance atm

Last edited:

The Boosh!

ClioSport Admin
  Elise, Duster
how? i just tried with age as 18 with 1 years no claims with a 172 and it came up with 6500!
i even tried my details on a 600 quid 1.0 Corsa and it is 6 grand lol.

what companies did you lot use when you were 17? im havin major problems with insurance atm
dont worry mate something isn't right about that. i was paying that at 18 on a 1.1 fiesta tpft.

there is always someone who can get it cheaper .