ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Young Drivers, Read this, Silly insurance price inside (LOW)

Status
Not open for further replies.
  Monaco Blue 172 (56/468)
Yeah but they bend you over for the price, i got a quote of 1300!

Yeah true but in the long run worked out well for me, first car @ 18 was a 1.0 corsa (haha - loved it) £1000, now 24 fully comp on my own insurance is £400 odd on my 172....

Each to there own though, as long as your happy with your current policy then stick with it.....

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
TBH I did the same when I first started driving, because I could, legally....

I was at uni, so the car was driven by my mum 5 days a week during the days as she was at home, the car was then only ever driven by me some week nights and some weekends.

I modded the living day lights out of the car because she didnt care, I wanted it to look good/drive well and knew it was going to end up as my car at some point.

Did this until I was 21, was it worth it? Hell yeah, mega cheap insurance for like 4 years, the years where if you're a student, you're broke. Sorted.

If the car is actually used by family, then why the hell not?

PH1 172 Sport
You don't gain NCB means it costs more in the long run is a load of tosh

I did this in my 1st 3 years of driving

The entrire 3 years of me being a named driver cost me less than a grand.

If i'd had taken my own insurance out, granted i'd have 3 years no claims but it would have cost me about £4k to get it.

When i was 21, insurance on my 172 was £800ish with 0ncb

Now i'm 24 with 3 years NCB it's £550.

P.S had no idea it was fronting when i did it.

Similar story with me though in my 3rd year of driving I got my own insurance as I found out what I was doing was illegal. However if his mum is the main driver then I don't see what everyone's problem is.

Hyundai i40
i dont get what everyone problem is, he said that his mum uses it most of the time and it is 'his' car....but its a shared car

Its only fronting if Nick is the only person using the car, which he has explained he isnt

My Ex insured my 172, we bought it together, i classed it as my car, i commuted in it and he drove it the rest of the time....is this classed as fronting too?

You're right, it is much better to find these threads than the ones in GenChat. If it really was how you describe, why are you even bothering with the £1k quotes? I don't look at quotes to insure my mums car for her.

I have your full name and address and will be speaking to IFIG and your insurance company later today.

BMW 330ci Clubsport
Because its going to be my car, f**k sake, i regret making threads on this forum, Next year im going to RTOC.
Just make sure when you become the main driver you let the insurance company know, you could probably let them know now and still get a very low price, if they change the price at all. But come renewal time it will go back up

For reference I just got insured as the main driver, mum as named, fully comp for £900. Annual payment though. And on a 1.4 16v with Admiral. Before I was with Direct Line, started as a named @ £1300 then half way through I was changed to be the main driver and the price didnt go up. When renewal came round Direct Line would only offer me £1900. Useless people

Struggler

ClioSport Club Member
  Ph1 track 172
so long as you never crash,

insurance company will take one look at 'your mum's' car and sus what you've done in a second.

also why are you bragging about it?? and posting it on cliosport (the most anal online community ive ever seen) to convince other people to do it??

if everyone did it, insurance companys would earn less, and premiums would go up even further!! but it everyone only drove what they could honestly afford, then premiums would have room to drop! but so long as you can save money at other peoples expence thats fine yes??

and so you wonder why posting it is getting you flamed!! people like me drive small cars because its all i can afford at this point in my life, and people WORK hard to earn enough to have such privelages, and you're just slapping everyone in the face!

i have an idea for a thread!

I STOLE A TV!
i urge everyone to do the same!!
it cost much less than buying one!!
only idiots BUY tvs nowdays!

Last edited:
  R5 GTT EFI Clio.
so long as you never crash,

insurance company will take one look at 'your mum's' car and sus what you've done in a second.

also why are you bragging about it?? and posting it on cliosport (the most anal online community ive ever seen) to convince other people to do it??

if everyone did it, insurance companys would earn less, and premiums would go up even further!! but it everyone only drove what they could honestly afford, then premiums would have room to drop! but so long as you can save money at other peoples expence thats fine yes??

and so you wonder why posting it is getting you flamed!! people like me drive small cars because its all i can afford at this point in my life, and people WORK hard to earn enough to have such privelages, and you're just slapping everyone in the face!

i have an idea for a thread!

I STOLE A TV!
i urge everyone to do the same!!
it cost much less than buying one!!
only idiots BUY tvs nowdays!

Your a f**king idiot mate. Lets be fair.

im slapping everyone in the face? LOL.

Status
Not open for further replies.