ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Your Cleaning Methods?

172 Cup & Black Ph1
hey everyone was bored so thought i would make a thread lol, wondering what diffferent methods people use washing their cars?

heres mine. Just exterior lol!

Rinse car.
spray tar and bug remover let it work for 5 mins.
rinse tar and bug remover.
wash car with soap
rinse.
clean wheels with wonder wheels.
rinse.
wash wheels with soap & different sponge.
rinse.
chamois whole car inc wheels.
wax car using a grade.
buff off using polisher and g10 soft sponge (black)
tidy trims with rubber care.
megs endurance on tyres.
autosol on exhaust.
not fogetting door shuts lol!

RS6 C7
Wonder wheel is way way to strong!

Chamois are about 10 years out of date ;)

I tend to start with snow foam
Rinse
Another round of snow foam
Rinse
Auto finesse Bug , tar , grime remover (Iron x for major detail)
I usually apply the above separately then agitate with a Mitt before rinsing and moving onto the next stage.
2 bucket method with a lambswool mitt (dodo juice born to be mild shampoo)
I don't tend to need a wheel cleaner after using snow foam
I leave the car to dry itself most of the time and then a quick going over with some quick detailer with a microfibre to remove water marks
Megs endurance
I can't remember what metal polish i use for the exhaust!

Every few weeks i top the wax up. Every few months i will completely DA the cars with a light compound (Usually menzerna) then either poorboys black hole or Auto finesse triple. + Re wax.

Ged

PD130 Peach
I have 100's £££ of cleaning gear. Yet i find the easiest way is to protect the car with a layer of thickly applied dirt, that way underneath stays beautifully clean :)

This method is also really cheap!

Clean wheels and tyres with g101
hose car down
washt with BTBM (2 bucket)
open hose off
Dab dry with MF
spray sealant
tyre gel.

All in 45mins-1hour

Knuckles

ClioSport Admin
Rinse car.
spray bug remover on the front and wash with mitt and shampoo while keeping the hose on hand to keep the car wet (no idea why).
Re rinse car and wash again with mitt and conditioner (some stuff that works with the gard x to make the water bead and sheet )
rinse.
Clay
rinse.
Apply srp
While this is hazing I wet a wheel, spray wheel cleaner on, agitate, rinse off then microfibre them dry then move on the the rest of the wheels.
Buff off srp
Apply Egp
Apply trim dressing to everything black and diffuser
do windows (ag glass polish and rain x)
autosol on exhaust.
Go have a brew/ Hoover interior
if I feel like it ill turtle wax bumper care the interior just because it smells mint
buff off Egp and stare at it for ages

Honda & VW
hey everyone was bored so thought i would make a thread lol, wondering what diffferent methods people use washing their cars?

heres mine. Just exterior lol!

Rinse car.
spray tar and bug remover let it work for 5 mins.
rinse tar and bug remover.
wash car with soap
rinse.
clean wheels with wonder wheels.
rinse.
wash wheels with soap & different sponge.
rinse.
chamois whole car inc wheels.
wax car using a grade.
buff off using polisher and g10 soft sponge (black)
tidy trims with rubber care.
megs endurance on tyres.
autosol on exhaust.
not fogetting door shuts lol!

probably not the best section of the forum to try and increase your post count.

Like others have said perhaps a 'Cleaning' section should be added

Listerine & Poledo
take to "Spit n Polish"
sit there and stare at eastern European lasses for 20 minutes or so
hand over £10

Drive off.

Car is clean

172 Cup & Black Ph1
lol thanks some random responses, and some stuff taken on board so cheers :D and a chamois is good i think i know some people use big microfibres now but my chamois is amazing one wipe and its dry no scratches either ;) old ones are the best as they say haha!! :S

RS6 C7
lol thanks some random responses, and some stuff taken on board so cheers :D and a chamois is good i think i know some people use big microfibres now but my chamois is amazing one wipe and its dry no scratches either ;) old ones are the best as they say haha!! :S

Scratchy Scratchy!

Suzuki Jimny
Spray 'demonshine' over all the mud, wipe off with a chamois and buff to a nice shine. Sorted.

Golf GT & A4 Avant
Russ seemed to quite like the drying towels IIRC. As said I'll purchase a litre if you split it.

I wanted to reply to this thread but cba! Far to many not taking on board the advice or experience people give out

172 Cup & Black Ph1
if you buy a decent chamois they work i think i have an auto glym one seems to dry first wipe just means u need to squeeze water out more often, and as for being hard let them soak in water for 10 minutes before u use it i think there soft! lol just my opinion tho might try some micbrofibres instead.

Not a 320d
MFW.....

vlcsnap-2011-12-25-20h54m16s206.png