ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Your first Windows based PC........

Mine was a Packard Bell beast from Dixons !

001.png

Came with Packard Bell Navigator that thinking back was s**te,

nav.png

Circa '95 I believe, it had a Pentium 75 inside! It wouldn't Run Fifa 96 properly that I saved for :(

Last edited by a moderator:
  BMW M4; S1000 RR
I remember those days..

My dad used to do lots of PC building and repair for everyone wanting "a computer".

I told one of my friends NOT to get a Packard Bell or any of the other shite out at the time (Tiny, Time etc etc).

He did anyway and ended up having to buy a new one a year and a half later when it was time to upgrade. Packard Bell had superglued all of the components in place!!:eek:

BMW M4; S1000 RR
I remember running DOS with 3.11 as a bootable OS. Then when 'dows95 came out we got an "elonex"..

Was a 233mhz animal!! Crazy power.

1.2 16v Dynamique
I too has some type od old school packard bell thing from Dixons, has some speakers built in to the side of the monitor

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
486 for me, had a massive 2mb if ram and a 66mhz proccessor, made by mitec i think. remember paying £200 nearly to upgrade from a 200mb hand drive to a 420mb lol.

BMW e46 320 Ci Sport
P100 custom build 4mb RAM 1g HDD Dual Speed CD ROM, cost £2000! i'm a youngen though

erm bull data systems 8086 with twin floppys then stuck a hd in it and boosted the memory to 2MB
sorry windows pc was a 286 running windows 3.0

BMW M4; S1000 RR
486 for me, had a massive 2mb if ram and a 66mhz proccessor, made by mitec i think. remember paying £200 nearly to upgrade from a 200mb hand drive to a 420mb lol.

Nearly forgot that bad boy!

We had a DX100 but it had an overclock button on the front which made it 133... No bad.

2x 600mb hard drives:D

RenaultSport clio 182

001.png

nav.png

Circa '95 I believe, it had a Pentium 75 inside! It wouldn't Run Fifa 96 properly that I saved for :(

Had exactly the same thing, 8Mb of RAM, it wasn't even enough to run the stupid 3D menu and cost about 1K

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
lol now i think about it i remember upgrading my cd rom from 2x to 4x

Better than yours. C*nt.
386SX 25Mhz running Windows 3.1. Beast!!! Not bad for a 22-year-old. Was nearly new at the time as well! First brand new machine was a 486DX2-66!

Ultra Blue R26
First computer I ran Windows on was an AST 486.
Used NT 3.5 for a bit until 95 came out, until then all the other versions were crap. DESQview was much better for multitasking.

Hyundai i40
was brought up with macs my 1st mac was a mac classic

MacClassic.jpg

my 1st pc is the laptop i have at mo and glad i made the switch :)

001.png

nav.png

Beast. I had the PB Executive 8903 - 486SX2 50, 4mb RAM, 340mb hdd and 1mb graphics, oh a 2x cd drive. I overclocked it to 66mhz.

Try running that shitty Navigator on that. I used to dream of the Pentium models. They would run command and conquer without the need of the bootdisk!!

Did you get Megarace with yours?

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
Mine was an Elonex PC too - back in November '92.

Came with a 486SX-25 CPU onboard with 2MB memory, 52MB HDD and a Cirrus Logic 1MB graphics card about the same size as a surfboard - lol.

I upgraded it over time with a 486DX-33, 4MB of memory in total and a SoundBlaster 16ASP sound card.

It was the nutts back then. Dynamix's "Aces of the Pacific" FTFW! :)

D.

Amstrad 386, can't remember the spec. It had the worlds tiniest monitor. It was bought for me and my sister to do homework but I spent most of my time bombing the Persian gulf and shooting down Migs on F15 Strike Eagle. That and driving round on Geoff Crammonds MicroProse Grand Prix.

BMW M135i
A Evesham Micros 486DX-33, 4mb of Ram, 1mb Cirris Logic graphics card, 5.25"+3.5" floppy drives. Was a beast, added a triple speed cdrom and a creative soundblaster pro at some point later in its life so I could play star wars rebel assault on cdrom woo!

visualize whirled pe
My dad brought home a 086 i never really played on that much.. then later a 286 IBM PS/2 with vga graphics!!!

The first games I played were probably frogger and a few public domain type games which were just written by enthusiasts. I remember a game where you had to daze bees and a tank game where you typed in angle and speed and had to blow up the other tank. I also had sopworth a plane game with cga graphics where you dropped bombs on targets! I just remebered... Chuck Yeager's flight trainer

Never owned one !

Same here, the only machine I've ever owned myself is an imac. Used to rinse my dad's PC's while i was growing up then lost interest when he started getting annoyed with part or full installs of games like quake and x-wing etc cluttering his HDD and constantly being bugged to upgrade his machine or graphics card. Can't be arsed with PC's for gaming consoles are far less hassle.

T

thecremeegg

Our first windows PC was a Pentium 90, 16mb RAM i think and a 2mb gfx card - was amazing for running Doom and duke nukem!!

My first proper PC for my own use was a celeron 733Mhz - was shocking, couldnt run any games at all haha

Duke Nukem 3D!! Legendary game! As a young teenage boy I loved the level in the strip club where you could throw money at the podium dancers and get them to undo their bras and swirl their tassles!!

20VT Clio & 9-5 HOT
I had a P100 which had just come out, upgraded to 16MB of RAM and they upped the HDD from 500MB to 800MB and it seamed like a massive upgrade. 15" CRT and Win95 which had also just come out.

It cost a massive £1400! But it got me where I am today!

Duke Nukem 3D - We had that on the network at school in the 6th form, just played that all day long!