ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Your first Windows based PC........

Duke Nukem 3D!! Legendary game! As a young teenage boy I loved the level in the strip club where you could throw money at the podium dancers and get them to undo their bras and swirl their tassles!!

duke3d.jpg

http://img522.imageshack.us/img522/2715/xxxpr5.jpg

lol. how naughty!

Foooking great game. Wonder if I can get it working now.

ex Clio 172 owner :(
good thread.

Feel quite priveleged that my first pc was a 350mhz k62 with 32 mb ram and 16mb gfx. Bought it second hand for 400 quid in 2000!

My first computer was a commodore 16.

I'd never have dreamt of games like cod4 as a kid on my rig now.

Shed.
A Spire PC with a 400mhz AMD K6 2 at the time. I recently rebuilt it using old parts i had in my old computer. Geforce 2 and a 19gb hdd.

Went form a 450mhz K6 2 with 128Megs of ram and a god awful motherboard, to an AMD Athlon 2000+ which runs at 1.7GHz, 2GB of ram and aN AS Rock motherboard, origional Psu, a floppy drive which is over 10 years old, 80GB WD hdd, and an ATI card which has no fan. Plays a few old games whch keep me entertained at xmas when im at the grandparents. Runs very well actually.

before that one i didnt know much about compuetrs, i had a compac something ro rarther which iirc had about 200mhz. dont know anything else. Played Tomb raider like s**t though.

Formally Clio 182
This was mine. Mum spent £1500 on it for a birthday/christmas present back in 1996.

s_p_22747_1.jpg

Came with a whopping Pentium 120mhz, 1.2gb harddrive and 40mb ram. Amazing.

It ran Windows 95, and I could play things like Worms, Doom and Duke Nukem. Wikipedia wasn't around then so enjoyed paying for Encarta.

Formally Clio 182
Wasn't a bad PC back then, and looks the dog's b****cks compared to the other beige boxes out on the market in '96.

clio
Mine was a Packard Bell beast from Dixons !

001.png

Came with Packard Bell Navigator that thinking back was s**te,

nav.png

Circa '95 I believe, it had a Pentium 75 inside! It wouldn't Run Fifa 96 properly that I saved for :(

Beast. I had the PB Executive 8903 - 486SX2 50, 4mb RAM, 340mb hdd and 1mb graphics, oh a 2x cd drive. I overclocked it to 66mhz.

Try running that s**tty Navigator on that. I used to dream of the Pentium models. They would run command and conquer without the need of the bootdisk!!

Did you get Megarace with yours?

I remember playing mega race! also had a floppy disc full of shite games including... chips challenge! ours also had a turbo button but never knew what it was for

1.2 Dynamique
We had a 'Tiny' PC from PCWorld, that thing just loved to freeze, even worse than this laptop that loves to turn off when it feels like it lol