ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Yozza exhaust really loud?

V6 255
Hi folks

Just picked up a Trophy with a yozza on and it sounds really loud. Is that just how it is? Wasn't sure whether there was something wrong.

What other exhausts are out there that are more oem? Last time I had a T it had the original but I think it was a scorpion 192 or something that was a close match. Is that what they were called and are they still available?

Cheers

Danny

Dan

Yozza'd Blue Bus
Yes they are "loud" on the outside but they don't resonate like others inside the car with an interior, about 107-109DBs without the cat in place and about 98 with the cat

Stripped out is another thing though as mines stripped and it's pretty loud inside now lol

MRBILLYUK

ClioSport Club Member
  FF Jeden Osiem Dwa
I have one , and yeah they are quite loud , I think one of the reasons is because they don't have a centre box . As said above , with a decat it can be a bit too loud at times .

V6 255
No it has a cat on it and it's got interior. Maybe I just have sensitive hearing :blush:

What is out there then if I want to swap it out?

MRBILLYUK

ClioSport Club Member
  FF Jeden Osiem Dwa
Milltek
Scorpion RS 192
Janspeed
If you haven't got a centre box , you could probably have one fitted to your Yozza , that'll quieten it down a bit .

MRBILLYUK

ClioSport Club Member
  FF Jeden Osiem Dwa
I think it is , I'm not 100% sure to be honest . I know a few people on here have them . If you do a search you'll probably get a better idea of what they are like .

My 182 has a yozza (on there when I brought it) it does put a smile on my face when the time is right as it is quite loud (cat still in, have decat but can't bring myself to fit it lol).
I keep contenplating a swap to a scorpion or something a bit quieter..

V6 255
Cheers Tom

Tbh I want it to be as much like the original as possible, not too bothered about a loud exhaust. Is the 192 quieter than the standard?

Cheers

Dan

Yozza'd Blue Bus
The Yozza is one of the best made exhausts for 182, even though they are slightly loud it's worth having on the car just for sheer engineering in the product and the reliability purpose!

V6 255
The Yozza is one of the best made exhausts for 182, even though they are slightly loud it's worth having on the car just for sheer engineering in the product and the reliability purpose!

Appreciate that, but I just can't stand it tbh. For me it's too boomy. On the V6 I had a decat Janspeed which was loud when you're 'on it', but quite acceptable when not. The yozza, for me, sounds great when you're over 5k, but under its a drone for my liking

Dan

Yozza'd Blue Bus
Hmm maybe look at new scorpion or the BTM exhaust then as I think scorpion have picked it up a bit with the new one and BTM is a quality product also.

Willo40

ClioSport Club Member
  M135i
I have got a Piper Exhaust on mine, sound really good, not too load, quite deep, and sounds really good when on it, looks good too, mind you I have a Piper induction kit as well....
Willo

Dan

Yozza'd Blue Bus
I have got a Piper Exhaust on mine, sound really good, not too load, quite deep, and sounds really good when on it, looks good too, mind you I have a Piper induction kit as well....
Willo

I believe you can get two variants (centre box and non centre box) in the piper as well?

V6 255
Yeah mine sounds like that. Great when it's rasping in the high revs, but the low burble is just too much for me

M2 Comp
I had an exhaust made by Charlie @ ProSpeed a couple of months ago, he will make it to your spec so you can choose how you want it to look and sound. Build quality is much better than the 'off the shelf' systems I've seen also.

I had a 192rs on my old trophey, with a Decat.
Was very loud, put the cat back in and wasn't to bad. s**t fitment though. Had to weld it twice

I've had a non red miltek aswell. Also loud

Got a ktec 'race ' exhaust on my current 182, with Decat and it's silly loud. Gunna weld a silencer into the Decat. It's a straight pipe though, doesn't have the stupid restrictor on the cat though :)

Tunst

ClioSport Club Member
  Focus ST225, Focus E
RS192 is a good quiet system, little louder than standard when pressing on but when cruising along its nice and quiet, remove the cat and it a bit louder but again when cruising at 60-70mph is not bad..

I fitted one in mine last month as my standard system fell off, fitted a decat last week.. Undecided wether to put the car back in atm..

V6 255
Thanks for all the responses, and the pms offering to buy or swap. After speaking to a few people I might give it a week or so to see if it grows on me as most seem to think it's pretty much the best exhaust you can get. I only need to drive it once a week too so might not be too bothered... We'll see...

RS Clio 182
Anyone willing to swap for the new style yozza or BTM then? A lot quiter than the original but does still sound nice!

From London btw.

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode

Here is my Yozza on my Trophy.

another one that doesnt fit properly?

Ive been in a decatted 172 Cup fitted with a Yozza race system

Jesus wept. How you put up with it day to day is beyond me!

MarcB

ClioSport Club Member
  Too Many
@Gaz_

This was when i bought the car and the exhaust has been fixed for ages.

Sheraton09.gif

Sheraton08.gif

StickersampWheels09.gif

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
nah it looked too far in? Saggy mounts just cause it to hang limp? ;)

MarcB

ClioSport Club Member
  Too Many
It was to do with the fitting and the CAT.
I took the car to a friend who builds and designs exhausts and he took it all apart and fitted it all back together with new mounts and job was done.

V6 255
Yeah mine isn't fitting quite right either. Will have a fettle when I get chance to see what can be done.

As for the noise, the drone comes in at about 2k and goes at about 2.3k, so gonna live with it until spring and then decide as it'll be going to have some other work done to it then.

Thanks for the replies

Dan

Yozza'd Blue Bus
When fitting these silicone exhaust sealant is your friends as it allows some flex :)