ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Zara - Gloss anthracite wrap on a 182FF

172 Track Car
Still a few things to do like the rear lights and tints, the bodywork underneath could have been a bit less ripply (paint stripper attack which ate the plastic). Will probably replace a couple of panels, definitely the NS wing. It's difficult convincing some people that it isn't paint! The work was done by DBS Autotech in Welwyn.

Project here: http://www.cliosport.net/forum/showthread.php?691002-Undressing-Zara-the-182/page4

imag0665cm.jpg

imag0666s.jpg

imag0667rt.jpg

imag0668j.jpg

imag0670en.jpg

imag0672b.jpg

Last edited:
  E46 M3 & UR Quattro
That looks awesome! Silver visions, some nice clean plates and standard rear lights will finish it off a treat.

Heez

ClioSport Club Member
  Superleggera'd Bean
552903_10151403279756376_453039275_n.jpg

​Cheeky ;)

My exacts thoughts with the title name.

Looks good though. Would like to see it up close and personal as everybody who mentions a gloss wrap gets told no, it looks s**t. About as glossy as a turd.

Ditch the lights ASAP!

clio 172
looks good fella !! love how every time there is a car on here with tints or a mod every 1 go get rid !! u know like yeah i will pull them out now i don't mind throwing 100-150 quid down the gutter ....LOVE HATERS hahahha

6/468 17poo
For wraps, do you need to tell the insurance company as its a change of colour? Looks good though...just like paint!

steve32c

ClioSport Club Member
  200T
Looks good stuff the standard light brigade they actually suit the car colour, however, I do agreed that the tints are a bit much (too dark) but otherwise looks good

Jack!

ClioSport Club Member
Reminds me of the one-off car that was on here a little while ago in gun-metal grey or something along those lines where the guy made custom rear-arches? Was one of the nicest RS Clio's I've ever seen - this looks similarly top-notch, awesome colour, just needs a few things already mentioned, plus the exhaust sorting, which hasn't been mentioned.

172 Track Car
For wraps, do you need to tell the insurance company as its a change of colour? Looks good though...just like paint!

When it was wrapped white I phone Admiral and asked them if they about wraps, they had no idea what it was so I asked them how much extra it was to change the colour of the car with a sticker and the bloke said they had no mention of car colour on their records.

clio 172
When it was wrapped white I phone Admiral and asked them if they about wraps, they had no idea what it was so I asked them how much extra it was to change the colour of the car with a sticker and the bloke said they had no mention of car colour on their records.
right i wasnt sure on if insurance company's would class it as a MOD etc...but as for colour change there is a part on V5 you fill out also will stop you getting pulled when the car comes up white and the copper is looking at a gray car :D

172 Track Car
right i wasnt sure on if insurance company's would class it as a MOD etc...but as for colour change there is a part on V5 you fill out also will stop you getting pulled when the car comes up white and the copper is looking at a gray car :D

It's black on the V5, was wrapped white before I wrapped it grey. It's classed as a temporary change which the V5 has no way of logging unfortunately. I might register it over the summer when I have more time because I have no intention of unwrapping it but we will see.

182cup & 172 racecar
It's been discussed already today, and one of the Insurance company's said, you need to inform them, doesn't mean they will charge you, but they need t know.

clio 172
It's black on the V5, was wrapped white before I wrapped it grey. It's classed as a temporary change which the V5 has no way of logging unfortunately. I might register it over the summer when I have more time because I have no intention of unwrapping it but we will see.
i would send v5 off with colour change its free and if your car gets stolen at least police would be looking for the right colour car plus wont get pulled with them thinking its a ringer etc...plus you never know with ins company's if you have a bump they allways try to find a way out of it

172 Track Car
I'll give them a ring on Monday then, nothing to loose I suppose.

It's been discussed already today, and one of the Insurance company's said, you need to inform them, doesn't mean they will charge you, but they need t know.

link please? Cheers for the heads up

clio 172
Wrapping a car. Also said that the DVLA doesn't have to be informed. I would do both though just to make sure.
its only the DVLA you have to tell as car insurance company's get the details from them ie..colour/chassis/engine numbers etc....only reason i know this is i changed my Defender 90 from gray to black 2 month ago..there is also a bucklet at the post office you can get thats by the DVLA that tell you all about it

182cup & 172 racecar
This is it.

ClioSport Trader

Re: Insurance and plastidip

quote_icon.png
Originally Posted by MatthewR
Anyone know if you will have to declare plastidip on the insurance as a colour change? I would imagine you will but I'm unsure as its a non permanent colour change.

Same as a vinyl wrap, needs to be declared. Regardless of which insurance company you are with, it needs to be declared.

Cheers

Ollie
Sky Insurance

Tel: 01707 642552

Heez

ClioSport Club Member
  Superleggera'd Bean
yeah but to say its free to do a colour change would you not do it? save alot of hassle? car showing up a different colour on police checks? or worse case if stolen

Like I said I would phone them or go see them if I done it, just to make sure. But from what I've read I wouldn't make it a number one priority.

Regarding it being stolen, I'm pretty sure when I speak to the police to make a statement I would make them aware of the nature of the colour of car... And give them the registration number.

clio 172
Like I said I would phone them or go see them if I done it, just to make sure. But from what I've read I wouldn't make it a number one priority.

Regarding it being stolen, I'm pretty sure when I speak to the police to make a statement I would make them aware of the nature of the colour of car... And give them the registration number.
am sure if the car was down as the colour it should be then police anywhere in the UK would have a better chance of finding it? plus dont get pulled over with them asking why a diff colour

Heez

ClioSport Club Member
  Superleggera'd Bean
am sure if the car was down as the colour it should be then police anywhere in the UK would have a better chance of finding it? plus dont get pulled over with them asking why a diff colour

Because the police go around with the details of the vehicle at hand? Oh that's right they see a vehicle then run the plates.

They pull you over and you show them it's a wrap then it's fine. IME most traffic officers use common sense and will see the difference between a wrap and paint.

TTRS & V50
Tints literally ruin it.

Once they have been ripped off, get standard rear lights, some clean plates and a 197 badge on the left hand side, it looks bare.

Then it's thumbs up from me :star:

clio 172
Because the police go around with the details of the vehicle at hand? Oh that's right they see a vehicle then run the plates.

They pull you over and you show them it's a wrap then it's fine. IME most traffic officers use common sense and will see the difference between a wrap and paint.
sorry but if the police do a check on a car and it comes back a diff colour and they dont pull it over then they aint doing there job! and if was worse case and my car was stolen i would like if it all the details match so i had the best chance of getting the car back

clio 172
at end of day its free to do a colour change you can allways change it again if needed was just saying saves getting hassle from police and is good to have V5 details to match the car

182cup & 172 racecar

Why are you being such an arse over this, I don't understand.