ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

£15 + VAT my @RSE!

LOTS!

Anybody out there able to get me the code for my radio? After battery issues the other day (and subsequently changing the battery) the dang thing wants a 4 digit pin! I just wanna play m Coldplay album.

Renault say they can supply the code but at a cost of £15 + VAT. How tight is that? how on earth does referencing a code from a database cost £15 + VAT??? Theyll have you any which way they can wont they!

Anyway - any dealership type people out there prepared to rebel against the system and get me the code??? Please???! :D

clio 182 black /gold

How about ringing the main dealer where it came from? I bought my corsa from a garage in fleetwood but it came from perrys at preston, so i rang the garage and he rang the dealer no charge

That sort of thing should be provide free of charge!!

Would go some way to restore our faith in their dealer network.

GDI ???BHP Cliosport172

Mate thats crap!
It happen to me once&i just called them up&gave them my reg&they told me over the phone.
They cant charge for it-tell them boll*ck!

LOTS!

Too right!

Oh, by the way I DO own the car! ;) But Renault want me to take my log-book and a form of address ID with me before theyll give me the code. Both of these documents are in my house - which Ive been kicked out off.

Now ask yourself this... youve just pinched a mk2 172 with lovely shiny new wheels on it... plenty of fuel... you had to mess with the battery to steal the car so the radio doesnt work... Do you:

a) Take it somewhere quiet and put it on bricks? Those Ozs would fetch a few bob on Ebay

b) Take it somewhere fast and treat it hard and nasty? (the thought makes me shudder - someone abusing my baby :eek:)

c) Take it to a renault dealership and ask for a code for the radio as you want to listen to some phat sounds before the police catch up with you

??????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

Hey look, thats my 100th post! HOORAY!!!

Caterham/172/XC90/RX7

My code was on the back of the front cover of the service manual or the handbook for both my dynamique and my 182 cup its at the bottom of an A5 sticker with some other information on it too, have you tried looking there for it?

£15 + Vat is a total joke!

LOL, I FOUND THIS OUT ON tUES WHEN I DISCONEECTED MY BAT.

got a few miles from home and realised the code was in the manual. DOH!

Astra SH 1.6 SXi

like it says in a couple of the posts above...try the service book. Although when i tried that code after fitting an aftermarket Headunit it didnt work. Took it to Renault and one of their dudes looked at my old headunit and the code was on a sticker on the bottom of it!
Goodluck
GAZ
ps. They looked up the code for me anyways FOC, even tho it was the wrong one on the database

The code is more to do with the stereo being nicked than the car. Seems a bit of a joke considering how easy it is to get round it. People advertise this code-breaking service in AutoTrader for £10. Didnt there used to be a rumour that putting them in the freezer would knock out the code :eek:

Theyre charging that because there is staff time involved...but you would have thought a friendly dealer would do it (once youve proved its yours) in the interests of good customer services...but sadly that seems to be a forgotten idea these days...

CTR

May we see a picture of your @rse before bidding for it? :D

Apologies for the obvious mailto:g@y">g@y comment, but its funny in my head. Oh yeah, and Renault are c*nts etc etc etc.

skoda and audi

Just give renault uk a ring and give them your vin number and they will give you the radio code thats what i did when i lost my code.Cost nothing.

Pink & Blue 182, JDM DC2

When i took my Head unit out of my car, the code was stuck on the top on a nice white sticky label. Good old renault. lol.