ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

0% Interest Free @ Apple Store

Status
Not open for further replies.
  330Ci cab
Lol I'm sure it'll be alright, but I don't understand why yours is different to mine. Maybe it's length of time with banks etc? It'll be sorted soon enough :)

fiesta 1.25
I got the 2 emails but when I sign in it shows me a PDF and asked me to print off, sign and send to them free post. Wish I had just bloody paid for the thing now

Clio Mk2 Phase 1
I am VERY tempted to get myself a MBP/MBA with this 0% deal :/.

Anyone think it's worth it or would I be better just holding out and buying a cheap ones 2nd hand?

Clio Mk2 Phase 1
Currently looking at the 13" MBA i5.

Anyone wanna shed some light on this as a possible decision or thrash me because it's a bad possible choice? Insight please!

fiesta 1.25
I was going to get second hand as I do with most things but they are going for around £700-800 so It's not worth it.

I would pay for it all at once if I was to do it again though. As it looks
like I'll be waiting a good few weeks.

Clio Mk2 Phase 1
Anyone got any input on which is the best MBA to go for? Kinda confused :/ Would be my first Mac.

I hear stuff about how the 13" screen has a sh*t resi and the such. Just looking for input from a someone who knows :)!

Clio Mk2 Phase 1
13" MBA (i5, 1.7Ghz, 128GB SSD) or 13" MBP (Lowest price one)?

Which is better? For resolution, speed and just in general being better?

I like the look of the MBA plus I can easily upgrade the HDD if need be.

I'll be using it for web developing mainly if this helps.

Pep

ClioSport Club Member
  M2,XJS,S1000RR
I had the same dilemma and went for the Air after some recommendations on here.
It's properly light and slim, works very quick etc!

Mine is the spec you out above too.

Clio Mk2 Phase 1
I was reading about it yeah, the Air seems to be the better one I'd think (for me ofc).

I can always buy an external burner / reader as I rarely use them but I will have one just incase and I have loads of storage devices for more memory if needed.

I seen your post about your new MBA JP, how are you finding it?

Pep

ClioSport Club Member
  M2,XJS,S1000RR
Its awesome!
First time I've used one when it turned up today but really easy to get on with!

Can't get over how slim it is!

Clio Mk2 Phase 1
Did you do the student price for it? Or are you a student?

I was a student and I don't think I'll get away with ordering it online and getting student prices :(!

Pep

ClioSport Club Member
  M2,XJS,S1000RR
I'm not a student, bought it through the student link on here and got it no worries, so saved over £300!
Doesn't ask if you are a student anywhere!

Sure?
They have an education section which everyone can access, but if you log on via education intranet or go into store you get more off.

DB.

BMW 440i
What are you guys going to do if they chase you up asking for student credentials? Which they are known for doing sometimes.

I'll give them my student details, on placement year atm, final year next year. So officially a student until October 2013 according to my student card. Graduate in June'13.

Not at all, but as those who have ordered from the student site, when they themselves aren't qualified for the scheme, are technically committing fraud, I just thought I'd ask.

And it has been known that Apple to chase some people up.

Just saying.

Audi S1
Not at all, but as those who have ordered from the student site, when they themselves aren't qualified for the scheme, are technically committing fraud, I just thought I'd ask.

Just saying.

You can't "just say" things on CS ;)

Meh I saved around £350 iirc.

Al_G

ClioSport Club Member
  Honda S2000, C63

Just saying.

Fraud...interesting!

I'd say yes if you had to hack into the URL to gain access, however, as its available without authentication I can't see how one might be committing fraud.

I'm not arguing either way, just interested (I haven't ordered anything from the discount site).

What would apple actually do if they find out, cancel the apple care?

I've not heard of apple checking up on anyone tbh.

Golf GT TDI
Does anyone give a f**k? If apple care then they would ask for proof at the checkout! at tithe end of the day they are getting £850 for something that costs them £80-£100 to make

DB.

BMW 440i
Any links to cases of apple chasing up, evidence of that?

Never something I've heard of.

Tbf, I don't think 'that' many abuse it/know about it to abuse it! Therefore wouldn't be of a great concern to Apple

Audi S1
I think I might get rid of my MacBook Pro for an iMac 27'... I won't need the both.

With this Apple finance deal can you pay off a lump some if you want to? For example, buy the iMac on finance. Sell the MacBook then give that to Apple? If not I'll just keep that money aside and pay it off that way lol. Just curious that's all :)

Deeg

ClioSport Club Member
I think I might get rid of my MacBook Pro for an iMac 27'... I won't need the both.

With this Apple finance deal can you pay off a lump some if you want to? For example, buy the iMac on finance. Sell the MacBook then give that to Apple? If not I'll just keep that money aside and pay it off that way lol. Just curious that's all :)

Why would you want to replace free money with money that 'costs'?

Put money from the sale into an account the earns interest, keep paying interest free installments.

Status
Not open for further replies.