ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

1.0 ltr Ford Engine vs Ferrari Enzo

1.6 Focus, 1.6 122S
You'd have thought with the size of the yanks, having two big doors would be preferential, even if you could only get (very young) children in the back.

I think its to do with perception, if it has five doors it must be a big car? Therefore tempt them out of there Ford Expeditions / Excursions!

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
That's why I can't understand why Renault have done what they've done and sacked off a load of their range in favour of all electric.

IMO, the public aren't ready for it, have no confidence in it and have nowhere near enough knowledge of it to be able to go out and buy one.

I really wish i'd have paid attention at school because i'd love to be involved with all this sort of stuff as a job. I love it.

Totally agree. I despair of the 'electric fascination' that is bestowed on manufacturers at the minute. I will resist until the pumps run dry and I have no other option but to comply. I applaud Ford for this engine - a good technical achievement and even better marketing result. But I'm still baffled as to why more R&D is not spent on pushing hydrogen fuel forward? Literally zero pollution - combusts easily in current car engines with not a great deal of tweaking - and above all, we retain our beloved engine noise and exhaust notes.

Could future Aston Martins, Porkers and Ferraris all have the powerplant acoustics of a hairdryer? On worse (SERIOUSLY worse) - they go mainstream with that artificial engine note contraption. Good god. I'd rather walk.

One guy I was speaking to a few years ago had basically done nothing but door handles for about the last 6 months, he had the sort of dispear and lack of hope in his eyes normally found in a rape victim.

^^^ - PMSL!

D.

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
Totally agree. I despair of the 'electric fascination' that is bestowed on manufacturers at the minute. I will resist until the pumps run dry and I have no other option but to comply. I applaud Ford for this engine - a good technical achievement and even better marketing result. But I'm still baffled as to why more R&D is not spent on pushing hydrogen fuel forward? Literally zero pollution - combusts easily in current car engines with not a great deal of tweaking - and above all, we retain our beloved engine noise and exhaust notes.

One big problem with hydrogen is that its PROPERLY wants to oxidise, I mean it really loves the stuff, just expose it to the air (in a car crash) and show it a spark (from a car crash) and you will find its so over the moon about having some oxygen to swap electrons with that it will thank you by giving you a LOT of heat as a present.

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
Depends what floats your boat really. People who don't like GD&T or FEA shouldn't go into car/component design. To some it's boring to others it's a very enjoyable process when you arrive at the right solution. You just have to be the right person for the job. I would suggest your mates were not cut out for that particular job and might have found satisfaction in another sector of the business?

Agreed unless you think you would find designing a thermostat housing for a fridge exciting you wont find any part of car design exciting either, petrol heads end up dissapointed cause they think they will be designing a car, and in reality they arent, they are designing some tiny mundane injection moulding to house a clock or something.

A ANIMAL
One big problem with hydrogen is that its PROPERLY wants to oxidise, I mean it really loves the stuff, just expose it to the air (in a car crash) and show it a spark (from a car crash) and you will find its so over the moon about having some oxygen to swap electrons with that it will thank you by giving you a LOT of heat as a present.

Lol, great explanasion.

GiT

ClioSport Club Member
  Shit little Yaris...
I want to see the 1.0T is a 150bhp Fiesta or 150bhp KA.

Minty mint

I'm not sure the point is that they've got 200bhp/ton.

Its that they have got that power from an engine that can then deliver 50+mpg with very minor changes. Find me an FQ400 or boosted golf that can do that.

Very impressive.

FN2 Type R +MK6 Golf
I agree with that also.Its what the engine has acheived thats important.

BMW boasted for years of making over one hundred bhp/litre in the M3 and that was without economy...

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member

Lol! Sure, there are dangers - they cocked up with the Hindenburg for a start ;). But I'm sure with effort and money behind it, there would be ways to make the most abundant element in the known universe - a decent power source.

D.