ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

1.2 8 valve progress thread :)

DCI100
IMAG0008.gif

carwithblackbonnet.gif

Started work on my 1.2 8valve the other day, hopefully i will eventually have it all smooth and low.

First thing i did was remove the front badge and smooth, took a few hours though. Not wanting to pay for paint matching I took the option of painting my bonnet black. I'll also prep and paint the top of the car black as soon as Christmas is over!

Its a slow start! But a start none the less.

Struggler

ClioSport Club Member
  Ph1 track 172
potential to be a nice car!! but you might as well just prime the bits you actually do and get it all painted a nice colour once youre finished!!

matt black is not a good look!! lol

Clio ph2 172
dont paint the roof, do it properly save up your pennies and get the bits resprayed

*if a jobs worth doing,do it right if not don't do it at all*

RenaultSport 172.
Even if you cant afford to have them painted; at least consider vinyl wrapping the parts!

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
So effectively you had a nice tidy car that you've butchered?

Why can't people leave stuff alone?! That bonnet looks absolutely dreadful.

clio 1.2 16v dynamiq
could have potential but u need to do something with the bonnet get it wrapped or sprayed does look like you have been the scrapy. but even so ill be keeping a eye on here and see how this turns out

1.2 16V Dynamique
I would agree with the majority here about the bonnet...

However, everyone has a their own opinion on it, and I wish you well on your project. I imagine with you saying about the roof it'll be something like this?

Car black concept.jpg

Pacman.

ClioSport Club Member
  Did have a R27
Did you rattle can the bonnet? mate i would save your pennies and buy a decent 182 or 172 perhaps not now but in the future?

DCI100
Hmmmm, some views and options on here are slightly arrogant, I don't want to save for a 172 or a 182. I don't need it. Or want one, the car as actually only just been started work on, no one seems to realise that removing that front badge takes quite alot of work.

I'm confident that I can have the car looking smart soon, I'll hopefully be lowering within the next month or so. Then the top will go black and it'll have similarities to thT other clio posted. I don't intend to style it like a 172 either. That wouldn't be creative.

Doing up a car doesn't just mean it has to be fast or look like the better model (which you can't afford) in my opinion.

Sorry for any bad English I'm using my phone and it's a pain

Peace.

Grow up and stop been needy. Why didn't you save your pennies for suspension and wheels and leave the rattle tins alone. Even if you did get the bonnet smoothed it's still a ph1 1.2 with 3 wheel trims.... Who you trying to fool?

Merry Xmas

Vectra
before you go spraying this and that...and make it look utter sh*t

why not get some coilovers/decent rims will make it look a hundred times better , because by what i see your wanting this and that sprayed on standard suspension which will just make it look like you've crashed it

Clio ph2 172
Hmmmm, some views and options on here are slightly arrogant, I don't want to save for a 172 or a 182. I don't need it. Or want one, the car as actually only just been started work on, no one seems to realise that removing that front badge takes quite alot of work.

I'm confident that I can have the car looking smart soon, I'll hopefully be lowering within the next month or so. Then the top will go black and it'll have similarities to thT other clio posted. I don't intend to style it like a 172 either. That wouldn't be creative.

Doing up a car doesn't just mean it has to be fast or look like the better model (which you can't afford) in my opinion.

Sorry for any bad English I'm using my phone and it's a pain

Peace.

What you actually mean is that u can't afford one, yes smoothing takes a lot of prep have u welded or just fillered the whole? If you have fillered the whole it WILL crack and look stupid.

clio 5door sport rep
black bonnet & black roof idea sounds bad.... as loads have and will continue to tell you.... you will regret it for sure. why waste the money when instead... invest the money on lowering some nice alloys and colour coding... will look miles better. people arnt telling you these things for no reason, they are trying to help. people who get "creative" with there clios tend to end up with them looking gash or a chavtastc ned shed. only trying to help bud :) :D

Pacman.

ClioSport Club Member
  Did have a R27
Not arrogance mate just advice however i was trying to be nice about it. But TBH the rattle canned Bonnet makes it look like a candidate for barryboys.co.uk

clio 5door sport rep
didnt know that website exsisted... hahahahah jesus christ. some belters on there.... go to shed of the year.... could of rover 25's that are heeeeeeeeeeeeeelarious

phase 1 flamer 172
Its your car, do your own thing and ignore the advice to make it look like every body elses.

DCI100
Nope I. Definitely can't afford a clio I'm 19 insurance will be around 10.grand.
However. As I stated I will be lowering within a month or so. And I'll be hopefully have G60 glad wheels re bored to fit. I can afford to lower and to paint if I wish, but at this. Moment I don't want to and won't.

It was welded. I dislike the attitude in this owners club (not everyone). But I will beekeeping. Posting regardless.

If people did what everyone else said nothing would ever be created or designed. Thats stops progress in my mind.

I've only had the car a. Month or two so the fact that it has three wheel trims doesn't bother me.

It's a work in progress!

Struggler

ClioSport Club Member
  Ph1 track 172
you havnt been creative, youve just made your car look shite!! different doesnt always mean better.

and guess what, youre not being different, so many people before have done terrible mods, and tried to say this forum is arrogant for telling them that it looks gash!!

you only get points for being creative if it looks GOOD!

also are you just throwing full stops in randomly in that previous post? lol

DCI100
you havnt been creative, youve just made your car look s**te!! different doesnt always mean better.

and guess what, youre not being different, so many people before have done terrible mods, and tried to say this forum is arrogant for telling them that it looks gash!!

you only get points for being creative if it looks GOOD!

also are you just throwing full stops in randomly in that previous post? lol

Full stops I can't help on my phone its a pain

As for making my car look s**t, well I've only just started lol.... I have agood idea of what the car will look like soon and it's certainly not s**t.

Once I start the serious body work on it, but lower it, fit G60 wheels you will get an idea of what it will look like. Smooth and low.
Not a 182 replica like every other clio?
Carbon fibre wrap? Biggest con of all?

RenaultSport 172.
I realise how much money smoothing costs...I also realise that cars aren't built over night.
Here's my old build mate from many many moons ago.

dsc0364bh0.jpg

dsc0372en5.jpg

My best advice i can give you is do everything right, and you wont be dissapointed. I was 18 when i built this, and built it on a part time wage...saving every penny i could here and there. Save and do things properly, instead of trying to do things for the sake of it. It'l pay off in the end ;)

Edit - There's no cheap carbon wrap, fake wheels or anything of the genre in sight here. BBS RM split wheels, and every part of the car addressed ;)

DCI100
See now that's what I'm talking about! built not bought!

I've got the plans in my head, and influences like your car definitely help!

I've got my own ideas. And plans, and I look forward to seeing my car change and progress, maybe there will be less haters soon!

RenaultSport 172.
The amount of hate i got when i first built that was unreal.
'Euro' or whatever you would like to call it, wasn't really recognised when i built it so a lot of people turned their noses up, but with all my mates being 'Dubbers' i got heavily influenced. I guess this, and two well know brothers from up north; Ray & Was were the ones to initially mix up the french UK cleaned scene.

I can see what your saying, but also see what everyone who has posted in the thread is saying. Rattle canning this and that for the sake of doing it isnt the way to go around it. Save the pennies and get everything done right. Rome wasn't built over night so there's no rush ;)

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
I think what people are trying to say is; learn from their experiences.

Painting the bonnet ''just to be different, I can't afford to do anything else'' is a waste of time. It doesn't look modified, it just looks s**t.

When I was your age I would do similar things but in hindsight, looking back, it was a waste of time and money.

If you want to lower your car, do that. Save up and buy a middle of the road set of coilovers and do the job. Don't waste time and money on doing other things until the forst job is done because the car will look s**t and your savings pot will be compromised.

1) Save up for coilovers
2) Once thats done and you're happy with the set up, Save up for G60 wheels/refurb/rebore and tyres
3) Once they're on and you've sorted the stance (spacers/camber etc) Save up for bodywork and get that done.

We are offering advice to try and prevent you wasting time and money just to drive round in a turd bucket.

DCI100
See now that is advice,thank you, not everything wrote on here is advice.

Smoothing will be done by me, I'm looking forward to re cutting and shaping the boot too. So its more time than money... i work alot.

However it is a work in progress, Marjory and it will not be done for a long time. But i will prove to people that the look I have in mind will work!!

Paint is only the very finishing touch so actually it doesn't really bother me whether its black or blue or pink for that matter. I'm happy to say my car is a work in progress.

PS. My age as nothing to do with anything.

TT QS
People suggest the same things on here because 9 times out of 10 it's what looks best, I'd say that's pretty accurate of cs.
If you post you'll get opinions whether you like them or not mate so roll with the punches or get out the ring. Fair play for wanting something different but don't expect people to like it is all I say.
I'll be keeping an eye on this thread it'll be interesting to see what your mods :)