ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

1.2 to a 172 rep

VIICarCare

ClioSport Club Member
  255, 230, 172, R26
Just a little thought, If I do decide to go down this route -

1.2 doesn't have the spot/fog light switch on the stalk

1.2 doesn't have leccy mirrors

Also, apart from the body panels needed, what else is a must to pull it off?

Advice please guys, Thanks :)

Jap Box
Exaghst I think?

Chrome interior handles, aircon, but I wouldnt bother with all of that really, you have a nice car there anyway, making it into a 172 rep would be a waste as you mayaswel have just bought a 172 then to begin with.

Your choice though, could be a time consuming project if your interested in it all :)

Struggler

ClioSport Club Member
  Ph1 track 172
half leather interior,

stance! - its so easy to spot bad reps, they sit too high, and the front wheels are lost in the wide arches!

VIICarCare

ClioSport Club Member
  255, 230, 172, R26
Can any one answer my main questions though please? ;)

Also, i can afford a 172 but dont want all the cost that comes with running them. Tax, ins, petrol etc etc!

cheers

Civic Em1, Civic Eg4
Spacers on the front to bring the wheels out as the wings are wider so looks odd, can also have some on the rear but i didnt bother. I had 25mm spacers and it sat perfect

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
Dawn, wouldn't bother. You would of been better off buyin a 172 to start with..

VIICarCare

ClioSport Club Member
  255, 230, 172, R26
Cheers Steve. Ali I love the look of the sports! But wanna keep the 1.2 engine!

VIICarCare

ClioSport Club Member
  255, 230, 172, R26
^ regardless of that, i dont wanna be paying more insurance & tax ;)

Anyway, back on topic please guys.

Fog lights will need to be done by Renault as far as I'm aware, the Expression models sometimes had the internal wiring, but not all. Although I think yours is the Authentique model which doesn't have very much from standard.

As for leccy mirrors, I would be more worried about the sun roof giving it away!

M135i
Spacers as suggeested as a pretty much a MUST

Could you not just have front foglights but not wire them up therefore not needing to worry about the stalk ?

What a leccy mirrors ? :eek:

Civic Em1, Civic Eg4
i wired up my foglights, i had a expression model and took the wiring from another car and done it myself, got a stalk aswel because mine didnt have the front fog setting.
And even though i had a sun roof most people thought it was a real sport, you cant even get a 172 in the colour of my clio and still people thought it was for real ;)

4l6s0x.jpg

r9r1tx.jpg

Megane 225 F1
Stick some fogs in, but don't wire them up. When do you ever need them? NEVER. Then come MoT time, just take them out.

VIICarCare

ClioSport Club Member
  255, 230, 172, R26
I love that Stevie G! awesome car!

Ok, so fogs i never use anyway. I was worried mot time, but as suggested, remove them. I have no sunroof either, so no probs! ;)

Can the leccy mirrors be wired in or not? Advise on them please!

Ta very much :)

Just to give you an idea of the stance problem,

This is mine with RS arches, the same dynamique wheels as you had AND 25mm spacers:
4999254764_c7daa95124.png

As you can see they still look very lost, so pick some low offset wheels!

DCi 100

Lover of this car! Shame it carried that huge dent in the bonnet for awhile. Im sure it's that one anyways!

First step to a rep is not to get 172 wheels LOL. It's fairly simple otherwise, could do it in 4 hours at a guess with everything already painted. That's the expensive part!

Daz.

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 200 RS EDC
What ALWAYS gives away a rep for me is that little wind deflector at the top of windscreen

Civic Em1, Civic Eg4
Yeahh I did have a dent right in the middle of the bonnet for a little while, had. New bonnet and sprayed for fcs.
I wish I could of kept that Clio :(

AUDI A5 s-sline
mine is a 1.2 and slowly going down this route, mine is (52) extreme and it has fog light switch on the stalk and electric wing mirrors. maybe its a model thing! no sure tbh. front wings are going to be a pain as alot of spacing for the front wheels is needed! :/. hope this helps a tiny bit :rasp: